Has a boxer's personality ever been "cloned" before?

ZroC

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
So it's clear Broner is little Mayweather and we're all sure it's no coincidence. The reason why this has been done is obvious. They want Broner to absorb Mayweather's fan base.

So has something like this ever been done before were one boxer was close to retired or already gone, and another almost identical character emerged around the same time?

So it's clear Broner is little Mayweather and we're all sure it's no coincidence. The reason why this has been done is obvious. They want Broner to absorb Mayweather's fan base.

So has something like this ever been done before were one boxer was close to retired or already gone, and another almost identical character emerged around the same time?

Dont know about fan base but Camacho set the standard for flamboyance and showmanship that Paez and Hamed followed

Dont know about fan base but Camacho set the standard for flamboyance and showmanship that Paez and Hamed followed

I mean in the sense that the boxer is blatantly acting like another boxer.

I think Patterson tried to follow Louis foot steps amd be the clean cut champ.

Also maybe Oscar taking SRL's role as Boxing Golden star.

Last edited:
Whether Broner is actually trying to be exactly like Mayweather or not,which I have my questions about. I find Broner far funnier and entertaining.

Cliff Couser and Tyson.

Of course Couser was a failure so it didn't work out.

Brother/Mayweather is the first one I thought of when I read the title, and its pretty unique. I can't think of any other boxer emulating another quite as closely as Broner does Floyd.

SRL did the ' a la Ali' stuff. For some reason I feel like there's a Mexican fighter that tried to clone another but I can't place specifically who they were.

Salvador Sanchez perhaps?

I've only seen Salvador Sanchez II fight once, but he had the afro puff just like his late uncle, and the old school shorts and laced up boots too. I actually kind of appreciated his effort at trying to be a carbon copy of his uncle.....until he got his ass thoroughly handed to him.

Chisora getting sparked by Haye was beautiful.

Wlad Klitschko reminds me of someone but I can't think who off the top of my head.

At times I thought Ricky Hatton was trying to be Tony Galento.

Here's an obvious one: Every Mexican fighter wanting to be like Julio Cesar Chavez.

Back