Has 2 fighters ever rematched at a different weight?

-Coleman - Shogun
HW (Coleman) then LHW (Shogun)

-Henderson beat Bustamante at both 185 and 170- both times controversially.

-Royce Gracie - Sakuraba
Saku won at open weight. Royce won at 185.

Wat.

PRIDE WW was 183 lbs.

Kos and Sanches fought on TUF at 185lbs then again at 170lbs......though I guess the TUF fights don't count, diego taken TUF match n Kos the rematch

-Coleman - Shogun
HW (Coleman) then LHW (Shogun)

-Henderson beat Bustamante at both 185 and 170- both times controversially.

-Royce Gracie - Sakuraba
Saku won at open weight. Royce won at 185.

wasnt that overturned after Royce failed his drug test

Belfort/Couture
Coleman/Shogun

I believe Rich Franklin and Evan Tanner were matched at 205 for their first fight then again at 185.

the first and second Rampage vs Wand fights were at Middleweight. The third was at Light-heavyweight

Pride MW = UFC LHW = ~205lbs

thatsthejoke.jpg

If you weren't a blackbelt I would have assumed your previous post was a case of "look how smart I am", then someone points out how wrong you are, and you respond with "y-y-yeah, o-o-f c-c-course I was j-joking." I will give you the benefit of the doubt, but I'm not quite sold.

Crocop vs Wand
1: Draw (but the majority of fans/fighters think Wand won)
2: Mirko LHK FTW

I'm too lazy to check their weight, but the second fight was at HW (Wand was actually bigger than Mirko), and the 1st one at 205 ("UFC's LHW class", and Wand was smaller) if i'm not mistaken? I might very well be.

I'm sure there are tons of example at heavyweight. I'll go with Cain vs JDS. Yes the fight looked very different the 2nd time.

Evidently Cain was 9 lbs lighter in the rematch and JDS weighed exactly the same.

1st fight: jds 239lbs Cain 249lbs

2nd fight: jds 239lbs Cain 240lbs

Not that Cain has ever looked like a bodybuilder, he looked very out of shape against Junior the first time. Like I said he never really looks super shredded, but that's the worst I've seen him. Not that that matters, Cain still whoops ass, he just eats a lot of food. If I lived around a bunch of awesome Mexican restaraunts and my family always made Mexican food, I might look like that too.

Back