Harry Potter

A friend of mine wore me down until I finally agreed to read a Harry Potter book. I've never even seen a movie or anything. I did see that skit on SNL where Lindsey Lohan played Hermionie and her boobs kept getting magically bigger. Anyway, I just finished the first book and I liked it far better than I expected to. I guess I'll read the whole series.
Am I the last person in the world to read these books?
Are the movies worth watching?

I was the right age to be a fan, but I ended up reading/watching them when I was 25. I loved all of them.

First two books are a little light hearted, kiddy. Third book takes a serious turn, and thats where I'd say the series actually gets great.

Movies were good, but I'm one of those nerds who think they should have made them 5 hour movies and not cut a single scene out.

If you read the books first, prepare to be disappointed by Dumbledore.

They should read mature books with magic and goblins like Lord of the Rings.

Tolkien was an Oxford educated author. His books are incredibly well written. It's not the content or theme of the book. I enjoy fantasy and even comic books, but the Harry Potter series is horribly written.

Read all the books. Watched all the movies. I regret nothing.

Some of us didn't murder the child with in as soon as we hit 18.

I never killed the child in me. Like I said, I enjoy fantasy and comics, but from good, original, writers. I never killed the child in me, I did however kill the retarded five year old in me a long time ago.

I never killed the child in me. Like I said, I enjoy fantasy and comics, but from good, original, writers. I never killed the child in me, I did however kill the retarded five year old in me a long time ago.

You're A Monster! :eek:

terrific books. jk rowling is a creative genius. she single-handedly got hundreds of millions of people into reading, which is a humongous feat. the movies are terrific as well, and I believe history will place them just below star wars and LOTR tier.

Some people have never once read a decent fantasy book in their life time.. The non common-folk need to remember this.

If these adults want to admit that a poorly written book meant for teenagers is a great read then so be it.

A friend of mine wore me down until I finally agreed to read a Harry Potter book. I've never even seen a movie or anything. I did see that skit on SNL where Lindsey Lohan played Hermionie and her boobs kept getting magically bigger. Anyway, I just finished the first book and I liked it far better than I expected to. I guess I'll read the whole series.
Am I the last person in the world to read these books?
Are the movies worth watching?

ok, so these are really not the type of books i am into. i like American Psycho and fight club and stuff like that. I argued like hell to not go to the 1st harry potter movie.

they are awesome. the movies are great, but the books are better. i would say that the 3rd is where the books/movies get better.

i would agree that on the surface JK might not right good..lots of adverbs and stuff like that. But she can fucking write. she is ridiculous good at hiding the gun. everything she mentions comes up later at some point.

I read them as they came out, I think the first came out in 99, so I'd have been in fifth grade. Pretty much grew up with it. The books better as they progress. Not great writing, but the world is awesome.

I originally hated it and refused to read it or watched.

That all changed when I read the half blood prince. Fell in love and got all the books and read em in like a week.

Been a fan since. And I promise I solemnly swear I am up to no good

yes.. ill admit i really got hooked into this...
no and yes.... watch the flicks, read the books though most say its dorky, you'll get entertained.. welcome to platform 9 3/4

i've seen the movies haven't got around to the books yet

books are my favorite. read all of them at least twice. books 6, 4, and 7 are my 3 favorites. From 4 onwards they get much darker. I also prefer those movies, but because the source material for those are so long, the latter movies tend to cut stuff out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back