Harry Potter movies s--- on Star Wars at this stage

No number 3
The one where they go back in time and Hymony has a clone and there's a Werewolf and you can't be serious black is a dog and the dude from Auf Weidersen Pet is a rat and they try and behead the ton ton looking thing and Harry does that big spell on the death eaters and thinks it's his dad?

As a whole - yeah as others have said it seemed to be planned out better.

However, the good things in SW Universe >>>>>> the good things in HP.

Baby Yoda >>>>> Anything in HP
Darth Vader/Maul >>>>>>> any villain in HP
Bikini Leah >>>> any female in HP
Pod Race >>>>> any broom stick race
TESB >>>>> any HP Film
Lightsabers >>>> magic wand
Han Solo and Chewy >>>> potter and any of his side kicks
OG Yoda >>>> any creature in HP.

As a whole - yeah as others have said it seemed to be planned out better.

However, the good things in SW Universe >>>>>> the good things in HP.

Baby Yoda >>>>> Anything in HP
Darth Vader/Maul >>>>>>> any villain in HP
Bikini Leah >>>> any female in HP
Pod Race >>>>> any broom stick race
TESB >>>>> any HP Film
Lightsabers >>>> magic wand
Han Solo and Chewy >>>> potter and any of his side kicks
OG Yoda >>>> any creature in HP.
I giggle every time they talk about their wands, never not be funny

The one where they go back in time and Hymony has a clone and there's a Werewolf and you can't be serious black is a dog and the dude from Auf Weidersen Pet is a rat and they try and behead the ton ton looking thing and Harry does that big spell on the death eaters and thinks it's his dad?

And there was the flying bird and there were giant pumpkins and a patronus charm.

Fuck yeah!

tenor.gif

Rita-Hayworth-Orson-Welles-and-Marlene-Dietrich.jpg

You're not judging the quality of character or story in the films. You're assessing them by their relative fidelity to the books, and your prejudice to meet that expectation.
This is why STAR WARS will always be better. Adaptations are handicapped by source material; they're either buoyed or harangued, but they never get to be truly their own thing beyond the origins. Confined, they have to adhere to the same story structure, plot points, and/or themes. With HARRY POTTER and LOTR, these elements are very limited by their themes: "Growing Up is Hard to Do" and "War Is Hell." There's not a lot of story latitude here, unfortunately.

It's become clear that the more STAR WARS confines itself to the Skywalker Saga, the more it suffers. However, STAR WARS' theme is not about the Skywalker family -- it is Mindfulness vs Zealotry, which is a universal theme that doesn't trap itself inside a school, wizards, or even space opera. STAR WARS can go anywhere if its fans can make that allowance away from the pitfalls of nostalgia, which is weirdly coincidental to its theme. I don't see that too often with other IPs.

Last edited:
I didn't enjoy a lot of the HP movies. I don't know why they were just kind of boring.

I only go to the opening night of Star Wars because husband was taken to see the first one on opening night by his parents in Leicester Square...can't say I'm HGELY .
I was born in the 70's before you fucks start using words like boomer or whatever, I still have no idea what that shit means

I grew up with Star Wars, loved it like one should love their own sibling, but like all siblings they had a load of cunt kids and now I can't even visit them at Christmas any more.

Thank god for Harry Potter movies, more fun, darker, better humour, better actors, better sets. Plus Richard Fucking Harris

The new Star Wars movies could have been good if they'd used the Harry Potter cast
HauntingImpishAfricanelephant-size_restricted.gif
That was hilarious on Extras

I only go to the opening night of Star Wars because husband was taken to see the first one on opening night by his parents in Leicester Square...and he's been to every subsequent one on opening night. I can't say I'm HUGELY into either, but Ewan McGregor and Harrison Ford. Dunno. I've probably been more entertained by the HP movies though.

I only go to the opening night of Star Wars because husband was taken to see the first one on opening night by his parents in Leicester Square...can't say I'm HGELY .

That was hilarious on Extras

I only go to the opening night of Star Wars because husband was taken to see the first one on opening night by his parents in Leicester Square...and he's been to every subsequent one on opening night. I can't say I'm HUGELY into either, but Ewan McGregor and Harrison Ford. Dunno. I've probably been more entertained by the HP movies though.
I have memories of Star Wars at an old cinema back when it came out, don't remember watching the movie but I remember posters for Star Wars toys everywhere, from that point I was addicted.
Harry Potter is way more fun now though, gets to the inner child more

Nothing tops the OT for star wars, but everything else is hot garbage. I find it impossible to give a shit about Harry Potter.

Nothing tops the OT for star wars, but everything else is hot garbage. I find it impossible to give a shit about Harry Potter.
How can you not like something that makes you walk around saying HAAAAIRY BAAAALLLSACK in an elfish voice

Back