Harry Potter movies s--- on Star Wars at this stage

You might have been born before me but I grew up with the harry potter books and those movies are straight up trash compared to the books. The cast, especially for the core characters, was completely off.
Some were good, some were miscast, some were decently cast but still meh. Draco and Lucius Malfoy however were excellent in the movies, better than in the books imo, especially Lucius/Jason Isaacs.

Some were good, some were miscast, some were decently cast but still meh. Draco and Lucius Malfoy however were excellent in the movies, better than in the books imo, especially Lucius/Jason Isaacs.

Yes Lucious malfoy was really good, he nailed his role. From what i can remember the main characters, harry and hermione barely resembled their book versions. Not just their look, their personalities.

Dumbledore was maybe the worst one. What was supposed to be a loving, calm, wise and full of life character turned into this:

d3bef830-3af2-4aab-8bd3-2e7385377cb0_text_hi.gif

Nah Harry Potter folks just needed a Shotgun to make it all irrelevant... Star Wars doesn't have this massive plot hole.

Nah Harry Potter folks just needed a Shotgun to make it all irrelevant... Star Wars doesn't have this massive plot hole.
I'll be honest I have no idea what's going on in the Harry Potter movies, I still don't get it. But on a visceral level I'm enjoying them more these days

I'll be honest I have no idea what's going on in the Harry Potter movies, I still don't get it. But on a visceral level I'm enjoying them more these days
Fair dooze bud, you enjoy them!
tenor.gif

I was born in the 70's before you fucks start using words like boomer or whatever, I still have no idea what that shit means

I grew up with Star Wars, loved it like one should love their own sibling, but like all siblings they had a load of cunt kids and now I can't even visit them at Christmas any more.

Thank god for Harry Potter movies, more fun, darker, better humour, better actors, better sets. Plus Richard Fucking Harris

The new Star Wars movies could have been good if they'd used the Harry Potter cast
HauntingImpishAfricanelephant-size_restricted.gif

Born in the 70s would make you a gen-Xer, not a boomer, so we got that going for us.

Empire Strikes Back is better than any Harry Potter movie.... but HP books are really good and HP is something I have talked about to so many 20 something girls at bars. One girl had hedwig tattooed on her thigh.

Vader>>>>>>>>>>>Voldomort

Lightsabres>>>>>>>>>>>Wands

Pod Races>>>>>>>>>>>Quidditch.

Gold Bikini Leia>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ginger Girl

Vader fucking shit up in Rogue One>>>>>>>>>>>>>every scene in the Harry Potter franchise.

<{cum@me}>

I agree with and support everything you posted here.

If I could, I'd send you pie.

I was born in the 70's before you fucks start using words like boomer or whatever, I still have no idea what that shit means

I grew up with Star Wars, loved it like one should love their own sibling, but like all siblings they had a load of cunt kids and now I can't even visit them at Christmas any more.

Thank god for Harry Potter movies, more fun, darker, better humour, better actors, better sets. Plus Richard Fucking Harris

The new Star Wars movies could have been good if they'd used the Harry Potter cast
HauntingImpishAfricanelephant-size_restricted.gif
Strange that you single out Richard Harris to praise when his Dumbledore was bland and uninteresting. Michael Gambon elevated that role and the movies themselves with the fiery urgency he brought to the character. There wasn't a glimmer of desperation, war-weariness, or fear in Harris. It was boring. The very reason Dumbledore is such a compelling light-side father figure is because he knows what it takes to win, and he also understands they might lose.
Yes Lucious malfoy was really good, he nailed his role. From what i can remember the main characters, harry and hermione barely resembled their book versions. Not just their look, their personalities.

Dumbledore was maybe the worst one. What was supposed to be a loving, calm, wise and full of life character turned into this:

Nonsense.

The first Dumbledore was solid, but you can’t control what happened and they made due with an excellent actor, but that did change Dumbledore a bit.

Strange that you single out Richard Harris to praise when his Dumbledore was bland and uninteresting. Michael Gambon elevated that role and the movies themselves with the fiery urgency he brought to the character. There wasn't a glimmer of desperation, war-weariness, or fear in Harris. It was boring. The very reason Dumbledore is such a compelling light-side father figure is because he knows what it takes to win, and he also understands they might lose.

Nonsense.
I preferred Richard Harris' more understated, more wise and thoughtful Dumbledore than the overly theatrical Michael Gambon

Original Star Wars Trilogy > Harry Potter > Star Wars Prequels > A Bucket of Dog Vomit and Diarrhea > Star Wars Sequel Trilogy
Agreed, unfortunately the recent shite has impacted my feelings and watchabiity of the original trilogy. I know it will come back one day, but for now I get more I excited for wizards and kids waving their wands about

Nonsense.

I could not disagree more with your take on dumbledore. Had you read the books before the movies? The character was supposed to be nothing like that.

I preferred Richard Harris' more understated, more wise and thoughtful Dumbledore than the overly theatrical Michael Gambon
It's boring. He's like Jesus or Santa. He makes kids feel safe, warm, and totally secure in the belief that doing the "right thing" will ultimately prevail, but anyone who observes the world without flinching has figured out that's a fairy tale by the time they've reached adulthood. He's the teacher, coach, parent, or reverend of a thousand faces as shown in Hallmark movies or Films for Families productions.

Gambon's Dumbledore is Tom Hanks from Saving Private Ryan. He's a sobering reminder of the cost; the true lives as led by our leaders, and what they had to do to prevail against the Hitlers of the world. Not every decision and action taken in the history makes you feel warm inside. There are internment camps. There are declarations of "enemy aliens". There are Dresdens. There are atomic bombs.

Harris was the one-dimensional fairy tale. Gambon was the three-dimensional great man.

I could not disagree more with your take on dumbledore. Had you read the books before the movies? The character was supposed to be nothing like that.
This is precisely what's handicapping your ability to see the superior performance. You're assessing this by the ruler of fidelity. That's a terrible measuring stick.

Kubrick's The Shining is the one that was great, and endures. It didn't hamstring itself with the source material.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back