Harry Potter movies s--- on Star Wars at this stage

HUGHPHUG

AL CAPS YO
@Gold
Reaction score
I was born in the 70's before you fucks start using words like boomer or whatever, I still have no idea what that shit means

I grew up with Star Wars, loved it like one should love their own sibling, but like all siblings they had a load of cunt kids and now I can't even visit them at Christmas any more.

Thank god for Harry Potter movies, more fun, darker, better humour, better actors, better sets. Plus Richard Fucking Harris

The new Star Wars movies could have been good if they'd used the Harry Potter cast
HauntingImpishAfricanelephant-size_restricted.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
The first 4 HP movies and books were great. The series started to really get too stereotypically 2000s angsty at the end, particularly the movies, but it is overall a great series.

Star Wars is still great though, despite the flaws in the prequels and the Disney trilogy.

Harry Potter told a coherent long form story that was planned out from the beginning. Executing that across a film series was a huge accomplishment. There have been many sci-fi/fantasy book series that went as long as Harry Potter, and longer even, but they’ve never been made into any kind of worthwhile long form film series. The Fantastic Beasts spin-off hasn’t been great though.

Star Wars suffered once they tried to tack on prequels and sequels to the original trilogy. Not enough upfront planning was down to make the whole thing consistent.

Lol !!!!!! I like Harry Potter and the books more than the star wars movies. Only the first two star wars movies were good .

Harry pothead rules !! Oh yeah I'm almost 40 btw .
My man!
Watched the new madalorian episode today, that's what star wars should be. It makes the movies look so stoopid
I never finished the first series after the 'ladies' episode about farming or some shit, but I'm looking forward to watching them one day

You might have been born before me but I grew up with the harry potter books and those movies are straight up trash compared to the books. The cast, especially for the core characters, was completely off.

No comment on star wars i never really understood that hype.

LOTR is the real winner. Legendary books and the movies absolutely nailed it. Even non fans fell in love with that world it was so well made.

Series vs series, yeah I agree HP > SW.

However...

ESB > any single HP movie
Gold bikini Leia > (there's nothing sexy in HP)
Rogue One Vader > Deathly Hallows Voldemort
Duel of Fates > Any HP duel/fight
SW music > HP Music

Warwick Davis - Flitwick, Griphook / Wicket
Domhnall Gleeson - Bill Weasley / General Hux
Natalia Tena - Tonks / Xi'an
Julian Glover - (voice of) Aragog / General Veers
Ralph Ineson - Amycus Carrow / Ansiv Garmuth

Rowling is a good storyteller, even if some are ideas are derivative of stuff that's come before her.
Lucas has good ideas (not necessarily original, but good) and can be a good storyteller too when he's working with people who can reign him back from getting silly, but if not you get utter crap like the prequels.

The first 4 HP movies and books were great. The series started to really get too stereotypically 2000s angsty at the end, particularly the movies, but it is overall a great series.

Star Wars is still great though, despite the flaws in the prequels and the Disney trilogy.

The scene where Harry tells Sirus he's worried he might be evil because he feels angry all the time made me laugh. Kid, you're not evil; you're going through puberty<Lmaoo>

I actually agree. Star Wars after the 6th one is horrible. Rogue one and stuff before is good but sruff after is bad.

Back