Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Discussion

CardsLJ

Bada Boom! Realest Guy In The Room!
Banned
Reaction score
Don't know if there are any other potterverse fanatics out there. I just got my copy in today. Figured we could have a discussion on it if so inclined. I will be devouring this bad boy until I am finished. Please spoiler any thing that could be seen as spoiler.

Didn't even know Rowling was doing this.

As a huge HP fan, read each book twice, I think I'm gonna skip and call it quits. Great series though and made me read books at a time when I dreaded reading.

Where is this in the timeline? Haven't heard anything about it.

I guess i could just Google it.

Is HP slaying noseless sorcerers? Does it tell us if Harmony has finally grown out of her prepubescent Madusa look? Please tell me Ronnie The Effing Bear graces us with his godlike presence! If not I'd rather have a sleepover with Upfish than to be troubled with such scribblings.

Is this some prequel shit, or this a story about them as grown ups?

Haven't read the books, but I loved the movies.

The 8 ended pretty well. Hard to see a need for more, unless it's really good.

I read all the books and loved em... Spill some more info on what's going on here TS

So I just finished the first part. It's read as a play. It's more to do with Harry's son albus and Draco's son Scorpius.

they become friends their first year. Albus hates Harry bc the looks he gets from being a Potter in Slytherin.. Scorpius gets teased by everyone bc everyone thinks he's voldemorts sun.

First part is them trying to use an illegal time Turner to save Cedric diggory to right a wrong done by harry.

There is a strong inkling that Scorpius and albus may be gay for each other.

Gonna start part two now. Will chime in afterwards.

They probably cant get back all the same characters

Emma watson seems done with that
Money talks. And let's be honest, after HP they all kind of faded away. and even if they can't bring everyone back, they can use other actors. The fact that it's 10 years after the events of the last book (or maybe more? I don't remember) actually makes it easier for them. they can bring some look alikes.
whatever the case is, I think there will be a movie.

Btw, this one's coming soon:
Fantastic_Beasts_and_Where_to_Find_Them_poster.png

So I just finished it. Being a HP "book" it's ok. Quick read as it's a script for a play. They being a lot of characters we know and love back (except for Neville).

Ita basically harry Potter meets back to the future.

very good point. Ended on an ideal note in my opinion. Haven't read a single book in the series either but those films were legit. The eighth one- goddamn that was satisfying. That was like pure action/awesomeness with a couple of feels scenes thrown in.

I got it Sunday and I've read the first 6 acts or so. Very quick read just haven't had much time. Never read something like a script so its a pretty neat and unique experience. Will probably read through it within the next week or 2. Obviously I'm not expecting HP 4-7 level content, but should be fun.

Rowling has offended me enough that I'm not buying any of it. I read all the books. Enjoyed the series. It's over. Maybe I'll catch a movie sometime.

I spoiled myself a couple weeks ago unfortunately so I already know the entire plot, still reading it and enjoying it though.

It starts 19 years after the events of the last book.

Back