Hardy: "I hate people thinking I'm a cheater, twas a rookie mistake"

...I don’t care about any of the specifics...

Think about what you just said there...

the specifics can mean the difference between a foul being incidental, unintentional, negligent, or intentional.

context matters. a lot.

Last edited:
This man nailed it.

Just a lot of insecure incels who see what he's going to do to the division in 2 years.

Yeah... gas out and foul them - horrifying. The top 5 wouldn't let them stop the fight over a foul though, because y'know, they'd want to get theirs.

I'm just still wondering how he got co-main event spot over cerrone. lol.

Blatant fucking foul. Worst in the UFC in the last five years or maybe decade.

Acted recklessly and violently? Really?

You sound like you're just being difficult now.

He showed a lack of restraint and he breached rules he knew existed, putting another human being at undue risk in the process.

If this was the first time he'd ever followed that script, he might get the benefit of the doubt. It's not though, so he often doesn't.

This is more or less the reason that Gustaffson does get the benefit of the doubt (I know you didn't bring Gus up, but he often is in cases like this). In his case, his crime is buried deep in his past, he paid for it, and there is no evidence that he has repeated it - though, even if he did now, more than a decade later, I think there might be some lenience).

Hardy's still sort of on probation as far as the court of public opinion goes.

It was an incident when he was a teenager and very drunk, running with a bad crowd. A girl and her boyfriend started beating him because they accused him of stealing cigarettes so he pushed her away and knocked the guy out with headbutts. He did a year in prison for it. Still fucked up, but something different than spousal abuse imo.
stop making excuses for gus

Former champ Eddie Alvarez landed an illegal on Porier after 14 years of pro experience. Bisping has landed an illegal knee before. It happens. because it's Hardy we are making a bigger deal of it.

Alvarez landed a series of knees, the third of which was illegal. His line-of-sight was also obscured by his opponent.
Not really a fair comparison. Though I would agree that it was a dick move on Alvarez' part, since Poirer's body obviously slumped just prior to the illegal knee being thrown. still, the 'heat of the moment' argument works more for Alvarez than it does for Hardy, who paused to take stock of the situation and line Crowder's head up, before throwing the knee.

Michael Bisping has been a royal piece of shit at times and, as I recall, he proved this in that same fight, by spitting on his opponent's corner-men. Against Riviera, he clearly threw an intentionally illegal knee.
Why on Earth would you use Bisping as an example if you are attempting to defend Hardy?

"Twas done in merriment mi'lord!"
"Ah but Hardy, mine young squire, when thou collideth thine knee with his crown, twas against the codes of combat."
"Shite"

Oh the jones defense, guess his knees were pulsing that night.

Love the he was looking for a way out cuz he was losing argument.

He had literally just stuffed Chowder through the mat on his desperation TD attempt, he was on his way to finishing that journeyman. Unfortunate he threw the knee.

Unfortunate Chowder couldn’t continue after talking all that shit like he was indestructible but he isn’t as dumb as he looks

Alvarez landed a series of knees, the third of which was illegal. His line-of-sight was also obscured by his opponent.
Not really a fair comparison. Though I would agree that it was a dick move on Alvarez' part, since Poirer's body obviously slumped just prior to the illegal knee being thrown. still, the 'heat of the moment' argument works more for Alvarez than it does for Hardy, who paused to take stock of the situation and line Crowder's head up, before throwing the knee.

Michael Bisping has been a royal piece of shit at times and, as I recall, he proved this in that same fight, by spitting on his opponent's corner-men. Against Riviera, he clearly threw an intentionally illegal knee.
Why on Earth would you use Bisping as an example if you are attempting to defend Hardy?

He was probably meaning like if seasoned professionals like Bisping and Alvarez can throw an illegal knee, it’s not hard to think that a guy with 3 fights can make the mistake FFS. It’s not a comparison

Hardy was gassed AF. It's much easier to lose judgement when you're gasping for air - it's hard to think. That's my take from it. Rookie move, he didn't know how to stay composed when gassed

It's OK,
15-gillette-ad.w700.h700.jpg
:D.

I'm not ready to say Hardy knew he was about to do an illegal strike and did it anyways.

I think a lot of people don't understand the chaos that goes down during a fight, certainly during your first few pro fights.
It takes time to become calm and composed when fighting another man who is trying to rip your off head.
I think Hardy was just reacting in the moment and went for the knee.

Gandolfini’s son is going to play young Tony. Awesome.

Eddie Alvarez did virtually same thing. Greg Hardy is only human. He did the best he could. Mistakes happen. People who have never competed want to point at past mistakes and assume he is a bad guy. I have 10 times more respect for the man than i did. He accepted responsibility. Now move on and quit your whining.

100%.

Floyd beat up women too but evidently if its a Conor opponent its ok. This forum stays on its knees for that POS.

I think that's the same thing he said after he beat up his girlfriend since some of the punches didn't land flush.

Did he really say 'twas'? If so I hope he was twirling his mustache while he said it.

9757321.gif

Back