Hardy: "I hate people thinking I'm a cheater, twas a rookie mistake"

One illegal knee strike and everybody is suddenly acting like a f***king clinical psychologist.

I'd like to see him fight again, and let's see if there's improvement then.
Yes as someone mentioned Eddie Alvarez did it too in a fight he was turning around and winning.
Also, the wife beating stuff is he said-she said. We have no actual proof, a pic she took of a bruised chin means jack shit, that guy is as big as a mountain, if he pushes her with a finger he causes her more bruises than that.
Same thing with Travis Browne, I don't see him having domestic violence issues with Ronda, if a guy is a wife beater he will be a wife beater with every wife.

The mistake was to put a HW with total 2 minutes of cage time in your fucking co main.

And Crowder wasn't much of a seasoned fighter either.

Good luck with that.

I think he thought, “shit I’m not gonna KO this guy. I’m getting tired and he’s taking me down, fuck this”

Crowder looked like a bitch. Sold that knee really well though.

Crowder looked like a bitch. Sold that knee really well though.
No that was a clear DQ - a solid knee when you don't expect from a large HW.
Remy Bonjasky sold a way lesser shot to win the K1 GP.
Stuff like that happens especially with green fighters it was what it was they should rematch and go on.

Leave him alone. When you have adrenaline sometimes you literally cant think straight.

He went from A level athlete straight to D level with that move.
Former champ Eddie Alvarez landed an illegal on Porier after 14 years of pro experience. Bisping has landed an illegal knee before. It happens. because it's Hardy we are making a bigger deal of it.

I believe him. We’ve seen examples of this with experienced fighters, for example Alvarez v. Poirier, or to a lesser degree, Weidman Mousasi. There’s room to make mistakes in that area of fighting, or for things to get confusing at least. And this being his fourth fight EVER, I do think a lot of posters here are jumping the gun in banishing Greg to Hell.
Let’s be honest, Greg could have cruised for the remaining two rounds, and they probably would have given him the decision. So this idea that he was trying to find a way out of a fight (he was winning) doesn’t exactly add up to me.

Everybody is jumping the gun on this it was his fourth fucking pro fight. My favorite is the sherdog journalist trying to tell us what the obvious reason for this happening was. A person who probably hasn't even been in a fight in whole life. The whole situation is so chaotic with your adrenaline pumping like crazy, and now your tired as fuck as well.

Most media outlets I think called foul play, including BloodyElbow. Sherdog opinion piece said:

"One needn’t have years of experience to know the basic rules of the sport; it doesn’t take multiple seasons playing soccer to know not to use your hands. The simpler explanation is likely the more accurate one. We can look at what we know about his temperament -- he’s highly competitive, unapologetic, prone to make excuses instead of admit wrongdoing and unafraid to violate legal boundaries -- and, eiusdem generis, apply those traits to his in-cage behavior. Crowder survived a number of big right hands and started taunting Hardy, who was visibly tiring and even more visibly frustrated. The flagrantly illegal knee was not some misunderstanding or rookie mistake. It was a deliberate manifestation of his inability to appropriately cope with challenges. We did not see an aberration; we saw the raw truth of who Hardy is as a person."

https://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/A-Little-Bit-of-Everything-148417

That is one fucking seriously high high horse. I don't even know how you would go about getting over yourself.

I don't know whether he couldn't control himself, didn't care, was looking for a way out with an intention DQ, or whatever...

I do have a very hard time buying a 'rookie mistake' excuse for breaking such a basic rule, especially given that this was not some 'heat of the moment' situation where someone throws a knee in the middle of fast-paced action.

If you can't remember or adhere to such a basic rule, then maybe he has no business being in the cage...?

Also Hardy: "I thought he was a woman for a second, got carried away, my bad"

Peasant rules doesn't apply to A-level athletes

Who the fuck uses "twas"? Is this the 1800's?
I'm kind of impressed if he actually said that. Of course he probably just learned it from "Twas the Night Before Christmas," so it doesn't prove he's well read or anything.

Hardy is the kind of guy who promises to shave his head for cancer kids then backs out.

I don't know whether he couldn't control himself, didn't care, was looking for a way out with an intention DQ, or whatever...

I do have a very hard time buying a 'rookie mistake' excuse for breaking such a basic rule, especially given that this was not some 'heat of the moment' situation where someone throws a knee in the middle of fast-paced action.

If you can't remember or adhere to such a basic rule, then maybe he has no business being in the cage...?
Was it hard to believe when Eddie Alvarez did it?

Thats what he said about beating up his girlfriend. The guy is trash and shouldnt be in the UFC. The UFC should try and re-sign warmachine and joe son.

If the likes of Eddie Alvarez and plenty of others can make an honest mistake in similar fashion, then that's exactly what it is: an honest mistake.

Lol, when you're such an ass that no NFL team will sign you despite the huge demand for top tier d linemen is this really changing anyone's attitude toward you? Also, I was entertained by that ending to the fight. Let's be honest, the knee was the only good part of the fight. Can you imagine if it had been one of those slo mo third rounds where the guy who is less gassed lands 8 strikes instead of 6? It doesn't make Hardy less of a douche but it was certainly the best possible ending for the lackluster bout at that point.

He was gonna finish that can in the 2nd, don't play around fam

Hardy DA GOAT

No that was a clear DQ - a solid knee when you don't expect from a large HW.
Remy Bonjasky sold a way lesser shot to win the K1 GP.
Stuff like that happens especially with green fighters it was what it was they should rematch and go on.

Tons of illegal knees arent DQs that are worse. You're a can.

Its not like hes the first guy to do it in that position and as long as that rule applies he likely wont be the last. Ill give him the benefit here.

Back