Hardest Punching LW in the UFC?

What does technique have anything to do about it?

The question is power.

Melvin drops people with body shots.

Except for the fact that Clay's entire gameplan was predicated on his and his team's beleif that Maynard is one of the hardest punching LWs. Soooooo...

unfortunate cause Guida can take just about anything thrown at him

2nbha87.jpg.gif

None of them can say they knocked Matt Hughes out cold so I'm going to say BJ Penn. Melvin Guillard is the most explosive guy at LW and his hands are dynamite so him too

Well, i'm bot too sure that other weightclasses count but if so Gomi knocked out Sakurai who took Anderson Silva to a decision.

its funny as fuck when ppl say Maynard..serious?..who has he ko'd before no one..and the last person he rocked was Edgar, who came back and finished him..Gomi and Melvin for hands, and Pettis and Barboza for leg kicks..

I've watched every Maynard fight.. He does hit hard but he's not on the same level as Gomi, Stephens, Melvin or Eddie in terms of KO power... The records speak for themselves. Just count the KO/TKO wins for each fighter. Maynard is not a finisher.

Who are they fighting? Well below the level of Maynard's opponents.
A College Team can score a lot of Touchdowns against a High School Team.
That's the difference in competition between Maynard and the rest.
Give Maynard Eddie's or the others opponents, you'd see many finishes. Give Eddie or the others Maynard's opponents, there would be a dramatic drop in their finishing rate.
But continue to swoon over your finishers fighting low level opponents. lol

A. Nate Diaz won that fight

B. There was hardly anything done in the Guida fight to warrant the claim that he's the hardest punching LW in the division
Oh really? You don't see post fight grotesque faces on fightfinder, slick.
One punch from Maynard confirmed why Guida would rather risk timidity and shame than get blasted by Maynard.

Guillard probably, Stephens is moving down in weight but he was right up there at 155.

Also, Lauzon hardly ever KO's ppl with one punch but I think he has the most underrated power at LW. He KO'ed Pulver as a 7-1 underdog, and often hurts ppl standing before he submits them (warburton, Reudiger, Guillard, etc.) He hurt Cole Miller bad in TUF with strikes. He usually wins by submission, but often hurts them with strikes before that

I'd guess Maynard. He's one of the biggest guys in the division and he does swing bricks, at least for a round or two.

Melvin hits like a truck too, as does Gomi with his wild haymakers. I'd still guess Maynard though just based on the size he has over both of them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back