Harder fight for Brown...Condit or Lawler?

To be fair, the only time I can recall Condit ever doing that was against Diaz. Normally Condit will bite down on his mouthpiece and hang in there no matter what his opponent is throwing at him. Just ask Dan Hardy.

By backing up from a fire fight, I wasn't really talking about the Diaz fight. Probably should've worded it a little better. I meant that when he is in a fire fight he's vulnerable to being put on the defensive(see his fights with Ellenberger, Rory and Hendricks). He's not an immovable object where as guys like Lawler and Brown almost never back themselves up against the cage or something like that and they're always the ones pushing forward where as Condit is sometimes content to backing up.

i think people underestimate a fight between lawler and brown,styles make fights and it would be a tough fight, would give an edge to robbie. brown would struggle against the top grapplers though.

The same... he ain't beating either one.

Lawler is a harder fight IMO. He's physically stronger whereas I could see a scenario where Brown's pressure grinds Condit down over the course of the fight. Condit hasn't fought as many aggressive, powerful strikers as Robbie has.

Lawler. Hits harder, damn near impossible to take/keep down, bigger and stronger. Condit has a lot of the same strengths as Brown, and while he still beats him, it would probably take a few more rounds than it would take Lawler.

Prolly Lawler cuz dat power.

Both finish Brown IMO, could see Condit via sub.

Condit has more tools but the Lawler from the last few fights is probably more of a danger

Styles makes fights, and I think Brown is more suited to fight Lawler than Condit. I think Condit can frustrate Brown by making it a technical fight and pot shoting, whereas Lawler is going to stand in front of Brown no matter what.

Brown isn't exactly a TD machine. And Condit's TDD is bad because he's fought some of WW's best wrestlers (Hendricks/GSP/Woodley/Ellenberger + Judo DHK) which I wouldn't include Brown in.

I guess I was exaggerating when I said "at will." He's been taken down 28 times in his last 4 fights. He may not be a TD machine, but with Condit's TDD, he'd probably get Condit down more times than not. I'm certain Condit would win, but you have to admit that he could get Condit down and with that...

Condit shines by getting back up and having an offensive guard.

...we know how takedowns can sway the judges.

Last edited:
I guess I was exaggerating when I said "at will." He's been taken down 28 times in his last 4 fights. He may not be a TD machine, but with Condit's TDD, he'd probably get Condit down more times than not. I'm certain Condit would win, but you have to admit that he could get Condit down and with that...

...we know how takedowns can sway the judges.

I get where you're coming from. But I doubt Brown has shored up his submission defense enough to employ a smothering gameplan effectively against Condit without getting subbed, much less TKO'd. I don't think it'd go to decision given Condit's cardio and constant pressure.

I like his chances against Lawler more than Condit personally, given that they're both going to be trading on the feet. But hell, hes the dog in both fights for a reason.

Condit is a worst matchup for Brown via Chin, stamina, and a threatening ground game.

I get where you're coming from. But I doubt Brown has shored up his submission defense enough to employ a smothering gameplan effectively against Condit without getting subbed, much less TKO'd. I don't think it'd go to decision given Condit's cardio and constant pressure.

I like his chances against Lawler more than Condit personally, given that they're both going to be trading on the feet. But hell, hes the dog in both fights for a reason.

Good point.

Lawler though I very much doubt he could beat either.

I don't see Brown having luck against either.

Lawler hits harder, but Condit is more durable, has better cardio and ground skills.

Condit is the harder fight to win but he is in more danger of getting finished by Lawler.

He could out work Lawler but he had no chance of doing that to Condit.

I wouldn't pick Brown to beat either but I'd say Lawler's the harder fight due to his ability to stand and bang in front of you and rock you(Basically a better version of Brown). Condit on the other hand is more technical with his approach and will back up from from a fire fight. Not a knock on him though, it's just his style.

It's not his style, at all.

The way lawlers been looking got to give it to him!

Back