Harder fight for Brown...Condit or Lawler?

Modern

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Which matchup is a harder fight for Brown?

Probably Lawler.

defeinitely condit
more technical and more prone to run

Lawler. Condit isn't the hardest to hit and can be pressured.

I'd still bet the house on Condit beating him though.

Both. I honestly don't see Brown beating either, but he's earned the right to face fighters of that caliber.

Both are out of Browns league. I could be wrong but I have yet to see Brown beat a relevant fighter, and he's got a whole lot of losses to no names. Not sure if he's improved a lot or if he's just fighting weak competition but I'm thinking Lawler will have his way with him and it wont be close.

I wouldn't pick Brown to beat either but I'd say Lawler's the harder fight due to his ability to stand and bang in front of you and rock you(Basically a better version of Brown). Condit on the other hand is more technical with his approach and will back up from from a fire fight. Not a knock on him though, it's just his style.

Condit, he has more ways to beat Brown than Robbie. Most of Brown's losses come via submission and Condit is very adept at them.

tough call there

I'd say Condit, since he can keep pace with Brown and has the larger arsenal+ground game, but he also doesn't have Lawler's one hit punching power

I'd favor both over Brown

Condit on the other hand is more technical with his approach and will back up from from a fire fight.

To be fair, the only time I can recall Condit ever doing that was against Diaz. Normally Condit will bite down on his mouthpiece and hang in there no matter what his opponent is throwing at him. Just ask Dan Hardy.

I think Lawler is a harder fight the guy is just a beast at welterweight. I think Lawler beats Condit in a fight aswell.

He doesn't have the best TDD. In fact, he probably has the worst TDD in the UFC.

Brown isn't exactly a TD machine. And Condit's TDD is bad because he's fought some of WW's best wrestlers (Hendricks/GSP/Woodley/Ellenberger + Judo DHK) which I wouldn't include Brown in. Condit shines by getting back up and having an offensive guard.

Lawler. I think Lawler would beat Condit as well. He's just fighting on another level right now.

Back