Hardcore religious fighters are just ridiculous

I'd like to thank the lord and saviour jesus christ, for without him this thread wouldn't be possible and merry christmas to you all

I dont give a shit what a fighter does, thinks or believes in.

Sounds ridiculous to thank god for a knockout, but to each his own.

I was raised Catholic but left that stuff behind many years ago. Too much mean crap in the world for me to believe in a higher power.

Isn't there stories of God killing entire cities of people, wait didn't he engulf the entire planet in water? Who's to say he doesn't like a good knockout every now and then?
That's the TRT-phase God.

Nowadays, he is good and merciful, according to religious people.

IMG_1288.PNG
I'm not talking about guys like Fedor, who keep their religion as a part of their private life (i guess), but of guys that are thankful to God for knocking someone out. Besides, religion is something you are pretty forced to when you are a child, when you become a grown man you can choose yourself.

I will never forget when Barboza took some time of Etim's life by spinning shit, and acting like God did it, not him. Really, dummy? God is some nasty freak that gives concussions to people?

Also Vitor with his God Love. Is God such a bad dude that approves Vitor getting jacked up and beating everyone?

This is just stupid. What are other examples of such stupidity and what' s your opinion on this?

P.S. Merry Christmas to everyone that is celebrating.

How did Fedor keep his religion in his private life by dragging that weirdo priest around to public events for years?
I didn't know that. I don't really watch any mma related public events, just fights. And if i did some, i was probably hypnotized by The Sweater.

This tops everything:

Michael McDonald: 'Glad I lost to a fellow believer in Jesus' (referring to John Lineker)

Khabob is the worst. I cant wait until Conor knocks the bismillah out of him.

"religion is something you are pretty forced to when you are a child"

WTF? You live in Afghanistan ?

Believers should be against the use of PEDs (Performance Enhancing Deities) as unfair advantage.

I can't wait until the first Scientoligist thanks his alien overlord

I don't think any fighter is thanking God for landing that spinning shit.

It's more like thanking God for the things they believe in and the motivation they use their beliefs for. The motivation to wake up every day and go to the gym and make sacrifices... It's not easy and obviously for some fighters, or anyone in any other profession, for them that belief is their will.

Come on, dude. You're in here criticizing someone else for what they believe in and their way of life and really, you have such little comprehension of what it really means to them and the strength it gives them and their families.

Someone believing in something doesn't hurt you so get the fuck over it. If you're over the age of 18, you should really be over this shit.

Fighters are the one stepping in that cage and it is their victory. They have every right to thank whoever they like. You are the one who is imposing your views on others and want them to act a way that would please you. This is exactly what hardcore religious people do and you are no different. Let people do what they want, it is not harming you.

Noticed that Weidman is curiously silent about god when he has his ass handed to him, but praises him when he wins. I think he is in an abusive relationship here.

PS: just once would someone praise Satan, then see if these God-squad members would still think it is ok for them to praise whoever they like.

I'd love it if someone (except GSP) gave a post fight speech praising the glory of Aliens.

Or a fighter who has reached level 25 in Scientology and let slip who the fuck they worship.

Back