"Hard-Working American" Myth

I'm too beautiful. I'd be transfixed

don't confuse yourself for the box of Massengill left on ur counter....

Honestly how do you sleep at night having such a black hole inside you. I mean, I gotta believe ur act on here is schtick because no one could be this ignorant to the real world.

Im not the first person to say this on here either, nor am I the hundredth.. People are constantly commenting on how nutso you are.

You sound entitled, bro. Rest is a luxury of the jerb creators, just work harder and maybe someday you will earn it.

Hey man, after coming from the military where I worked 60 hours a week and only got paid for 40, I'll take all the overtime someone wants to pay me. Shit, you have to tell me to leave work. LOL

Oh, now we're going with the strict physics definitions? I wish you'd said that in the very beginning. :icon_conf Which task burns more calories.

It makes sense, I suppose. It allows us to promote a world view where we can pretend that the value of education is irrelevant when deciding if a task is difficult.

So, we're all in agreement that LBJ works harder than Stephen Hawking?

Damn, even when you change the rules of the game, I stay winning. :icon_chee
being "more special" doesn't mean you work harder.

don't confuse yourself for the box of Massengill left on ur counter....

Honestly how do you sleep at night having such a black hole inside you. I mean, I gotta believe ur act on here is schtick because no one could be this ignorant to the real world.

Im not the first person to say this on here either, nor am I the hundredth.. People are constantly commenting on how nutso you are.

Ad Hominems is not a proper argument.

Hey man, after coming from the military where I worked 60 hours a week and only got paid for 40, I'll take all the overtime someone wants to pay me. Shit, you have to tell me to leave work. LOL

the military here works like 20 hours a week doing not much of anything.
well im sure they are working hard, especially the ones who go over seas...
but every soldier ive ever known seems to have unlimited free time.

The American Dream isn't some written document that has guidelines, genius. It's just a line conservashits always repeat, that isn't true.

My point being that you need some sort of skill to make money, along with dedication and hard work. You need to gain some skills to advance.

ok

so you know this... and I know this..., what about everyone else? Are we part of a secret club?

ok

so you know this... and I know this..., what about everyone else? Are we part of a secret club?

everybody knows this.
but the lie is still "hard working americans get paid!Q herpderper"

Is difficulty determined by how many people can do the task, or something else?

I would say it's based on a combination of things. How long would it take the average person to become skilled enough at the task and how many people are capable of reaching that skill level.

Like working a call center. Your average person can be adequately trained inside of a month or two and most of the population can reach that level. Your average college professor requires at least 7 years of post high school training (assuming 3 years for the phd after a bach) and a much smaller percentage of the population can complete the phd.

Hence, being a college professor is probably harder than working at a call center. But running a call center might be harder than being a college professor.

My method, although it's certainly not without faults.

Ad Hominems is not a proper argument.

or you can keep cracking all of us up and speak on how important facts are..

Well until they disprove what your neo con brain has stored in it. Than its off to the races for you..

When the playing field isn't even equal to begin with why are people crying "work harder."

The deck is stacked so much in certain groups favor u could work 24 hours a day and it wouldn't matter much.

It's this type shit of why it is hard to have a rational conversation on sherdog.

yea, so why even try, just give up and live off the government tit!!

KONG- inspiring the masses since 2007!

Is this the part where we complain about CEO salaries as if somehow what they make even affects anyone else that works for that same company?

But since the CEO of coke makes $10 million, I can't get a car:(

It's not fair!!!

It's this type shit of why it is hard to have a rational conversation on sherdog.

Wake me when corporate welfare isn't running rampant like it is now..

Nothing a billion dollar corporation needs more than another tax break..

Maybe some will trickle down. Or they can outsource and lay off 30,000 Americans so their stock options could raise 2%..

Another hard days work in the books..

You people are hysterical... Please don't stop..

wow.
I think in a perfect world everyone would get 15,000 bucks, or food stamps to eat off of and free housing, and then be free to make as much extra money as they want.

Despite the lies die hard cons tell themselves people do not like being poor and given the opportunity generally do work for money.

Kong is a proud member of the 47% ers. I feel sad for him cause he seems well intentioned if slightly undereducated.

planning and understanding do not make it harder. I can plan how to plow a field, actually doing it by hand, not so much. it is more valuable to think certainly, but not harder.

Which one is easier to do right? The physical plowing or creating the plan and seeing it to completion.

I'd say the planning and execution are much harder than just doing the plowing.

The same way a carpenter doesn't move up the ranks by getting better at hammering nails, he moves up by learning more complex procedures even if the raw physical output doesn't increase, if anything it decreases. It's harder to do good planning and execution than just doing as directed by someone else.

Lol. People doing low wage labor use credit cards because they are receiving low wages. They are a necessity in order to pay for things like clothes and bills. If they weren't getting fucked by their employers in terms of wages, CCs wouldn't be needed.

Yep your right, the poor are making all the right financial choices all the time, it just the mean old companies that are screwing them over.

BECAUSE THE POOR ARE KNOWN FOR MAKE SMART FINANCIAL DECISIONS.

Back