Hard to take Bellator seriously when they shamelessly copy UFC

Turk February

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Most of the greatest alternatives to the UFC stood out from the field because they were in some ways different from the UFC.

WEC had the best lighter weight fighters in the world.
Pride had amazing production, one night tournaments, and great talent.
Strikeforce had female fights and a great HWT division.

Bellator is the exact opposite, they blatantly just steal from the UFC. Their president dresses like Dana White, their announcers dress like UFC announcers, they sign any UFC cast off the can get, They do 2 hour prelims before their PPV like UFC, and that 5 minute promo before the PPV started was a complete rip off of what Rogan and Dana do. I know Viacom has in the past tried to create market confusion between UFC and bellator in order to get people to mistakenly watch Bellator thinking its UFC.
Do you think Viacom is responsible Bellator copying ufc so blatantly?

Do you think Bjorn shaves his head just so he can look like Dana or something? What's he supposed to wear instead of a suit?

They even have their own bald guy who stares at the fighters at the weight ins.

I like the tournament formats though.

Lol, so every MMA commentator or promoter who wears a suit is trying to look like Dana, Goldberg and Rogan.

Bellator has tournaments, that's how they're different. How much different can one American promotion be from another anyway? They're all under the same ruleset, the cage is basically mandatory in modern MMA.. What else can they do different?

search

How many castoffs have they signed? Of course tito and page because they're big names l, but the others, they use to try and put their guys over.

Now, wsof and Titan..... those are ufc rip offs

Bellator has some talented fighters. That's where their merits end. We're not dealing with straighter businessmen and we're not dealing with even close to being better production. Still, there are many talented fighters and great fights to be seen under the Bellator banner. Fucking exclusive promotion is fucking bullshit for any combat sport.

Most of the greatest alternatives to the UFC stood out from the field because they were in some ways different from the UFC.

WEC had the best lighter weight fighters in the world.
Pride had amazing production, one night tournaments, and great talent.
Strikeforce had female fights and a great HWT division.

Bellator is the exact opposite, they blatantly just steal from the UFC. Their president dresses like Dana White, their announcers dress like UFC announcers, they sign any UFC cast off the can get, They do 2 hour prelims before their PPV like UFC, and that 5 minute promo before the PPV started was a complete rip off of what Rogan and Dana do. I know Viacom has in the past tried to create market confusion between UFC and bellator in order to get people to mistakenly watch Bellator thinking its UFC.
Do you think Viacom is responsible Bellator copying ufc so blatantly?

Business men wear suits. By your logic Dana White is ripping off Donald Trump by wearing a suit. Their announces dress like people, ya know wearing clothes to look professional on TV. Boxing PPVs have prelims, the UFC copied boxing by your logic, same with promos. Seriously Zuffa Zombies stop and have a think.

Is that why Bellator 120 commercials would not even mention Bellator in them. They are trying to get people to think its UFC.

UFC has signed Bellator guys as well.. and will continue to do so, since Bellator is good at promoting their fighters.

They're not really ripping a whole lot off from the UFC except for having two bald guys promoting..

I haven't bought a UFC PPV in years, paid for Bellator, happy I did.

Ts is right, the one announcer looks and sounds like Joe, hell he even dresses like him.

Yea a lot of things can't be avoided in terms of "ripping off" from UFC, but the whole thing with Bjorn standing between the guys doing a staredown at the weigh ins is lame as fuck. I mean it's also lame when Dana does it, but Bjorn doing it is straight pathetic.

It's so funny how after Bellator's first PPV people who I've never even seen talking about Bellator before are in here bashing Bellator for everything. Bellator's LW's went from being some of the best in the world to overnight not being top 15. Now we should discount all their great fighters and bitch because they're similar to the UFC? Which they aren't anyways. You literally must have just started watching tonight. Tournament fighting is completely different from what the UFC does. But congrats on being an idiot who just started watching and thinking you know everything about the product!

Shill. The UFC invented suits?

they are putting on fights in a cage, blatant ufc rip off.

UFC has signed Bellator guys as well.. and will continue to do so, since Bellator is good at promoting their fighters.

They're not really ripping a whole lot off from the UFC except for having two bald guys promoting..

I haven't bought a UFC PPV in years, paid for Bellator, happy I did.

HW champ Vitaly and Cain needs to fight

Anyone who frequents the Worldwide MMA section knew there would be an influx of stupidity, negativity an clueless immature posters. We know what kind of dumb shit fans brought it fro a day or two. It happened with Strikeforce and other promotions too. They'll go back to the low iq section soon to marvel over fighter bodies, cry about negativity in MMA and agree with Dana there's too much negativity and be blissfully ignorant of where it comes from.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back