hard shin bump

S

skza

I'm sure some of you have had these, I got one over three months ago from shin on shin contact by mistake, and it will not go away, whenever I hit it on anything it swells up to the size of a golf ball. Anyone have any recommendations that could speed up healing/make it go away.

I remember last week when I came across a knee on knee scenerio where the dude dug right into mine. Man did I yelp. All the advice I have is ice the bitch.

Rest
Ice
Compression
Elevation

also, if you're looking to harden you're shins, avoid the body contact for awhile and keep working on a heavy muay thai bag. its going to hurt but eventually it will stop hurting, though the bruising is likely to continue

Get some decent shin guards.

Rest
Ice
Compression
Elevation

also, if you're looking to harden you're shins, avoid the body contact for awhile and keep working on a heavy muay thai bag. its going to hurt but eventually it will stop hurting, though the bruising is likely to continue

This is good advise, along with time.

if you keep banging shins, it will never heal, definitely invest in some shin guards, and practice on a heavy bag w/ bare shins.

I'm sure some of you have had these, I got one over three months ago from shin on shin contact by mistake, and it will not go away, whenever I hit it on anything it swells up to the size of a golf ball. Anyone have any recommendations that could speed up healing/make it go away.

Work on a sandbag and ignore the pain. Muay Thai hurts almost everyday. Some days you get lucky, but it almost always hurts.

I checked a kick from my instructor's shin one time...did everything right...and chipped my patella bone from the summabitches hard calcified shins. Everytime I rolled I could feel the small piece of bone cutting shit on the inside.

Painful sport brotha, painful sport.

Some lumps are permanent. Welcome to calcification.

Oh yeah....

Just keep reminding yourself, the harder your shins get, the less likely you'll end up like the guy in that video where he kicks and his leg snaps in half.

I normally smash the bumps out. I use Thai oil and a small wooden stick and push them flat.

Back