Hard gainer vs not eating enough

FlyingDeathKick

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I think a lot of overweight people overestimate how much they eat and vice versa. I always thought I ate a decent amount until I looked up the recommended calories vs the calories I was getting. If I'm not working out and trying to get bigger I rarely eat over 1000 calories in a day lol. Not sure how some people have such big appetites. I really gotta force feed myself to get over 2000 cals and I should be getting between 2500 and 3000.

Yours is one of the few examples where GOMAD (likely half GOMAD) may be a reasonable approach...

Yours is one of the few examples where GOMAD (likely half GOMAD) may be a reasonable approach...
I'm just going to start making shakes. Whole milk, a banana, quick oats, protein powder then peanut butter or some cashews.

Cool, you can squeeze alot of calories in a shake like that?
Yeah man, around 1000. 220 for the oats, 120 for the large banana, 320 for the 500ml of whole milk, 180 for the protein powder and around 150 for the cashews (not sure about the cashews, I don't have a food scale). Tastes pretty good as well.

Not sure how some people have such big appetites. I really gotta force feed myself to get over 2000 cals and I should be getting between 2500 and 3000.

Genetics and practice. I always can eat. Can eat when I'm full too.

I think a lot of overweight people overestimate how much they eat and vice versa. I always thought I ate a decent amount until I looked up the recommended calories vs the calories I was getting. If I'm not working out and trying to get bigger I rarely eat over 1000 calories in a day lol. Not sure how some people have such big appetites. I really gotta force feed myself to get over 2000 cals and I should be getting between 2500 and 3000.

That's a good problem to have.

When I eat at my appetite I start to gain bf.

The good part of your situation is that you'll never be overweight, as you don't eat very much.

1000 - 2000 thats really not a lot man.. I eat more than that when sedentary.. whats your weight/height?.. and are you a guy? (important factor you didnt mention)

1000 - 2000 thats really not a lot man.. I eat more than that when sedentary.. whats your weight/height?.. and are you a guy? (important factor you didnt mention)
When I'm not making sure I eat enough I probably average around 600 calories a day lol. I'm a mandude, 5'11 135lbs.

When I'm not making sure I eat enough I probably average around 600 calories a day lol. I'm a mandude, 5'11 135lbs.
man thats crazy!.. how do you feel during training?.. its like your permanently fasting. I am in complete envy of your grocery bill.

man thats crazy!.. how do you feel during training?.. its like your permanently fasting. I am in complete envy of your grocery bill.
I never eat like that if I'm working out but I'd imagine I would have zero energy if I did, it would defeat the purpose of lifting if I were to be in that big of a calorie deficit. If I'm not working out all I eat is dinner. It's interesting because I'm starting to wonder if I'd even eat that if I lived alone.

I never eat like that if I'm working out but I'd imagine I would have zero energy if I did, it would defeat the purpose of lifting if I were to be in that big of a calorie deficit. If I'm not working out all I eat is dinner. It's interesting because I'm starting to wonder if I'd even eat that if I lived alone.
how do you feel recovery wise between workouts with your lifting?

Back