Happy Wednesday Morning!

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by Hillary, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Hillary

Hillary Brown Belt

GO TRAIN.

2. Junglist

Junglist Green Belt

whast up hillary?
    ughh
    half way through the work week
    traying out a no gi class for the first time this friday
    im kinda excited.

3. Jagcorps_esq

Jagcorps_esq Red Belt

Freaking awesome!

4. Oliver Geddes

Oliver Geddes Amateur Fighter

Injured. Can't train. Wah. >_<

5. KaosX

KaosX Banned Banned

Trained last night - train tomorrow.

Did 5 x 5 minute rounds - I didn't tap, neither did they but that's progress! I didn't gas out either.

I'm officially one month into my training as well and have 11 hours of class time in which means I only missed one class.

I'm hooked!

(ps, come to pittsburgh and do a seminar!)

6. SheerTechnique

SheerTechnique Blue Belt

Wow! Awesome!! Thanks Hillary.

7. Gerbiljiujitsu

Gerbiljiujitsu Purple Belt

thanks Hillary, that second video said some motivational things, thought inspiring for sure.

8. bjjaz

bjjaz Got the Rock...Time to Roll

Wish I could watch vids at work.

9. MUFC

MUFC Brown Belt

Training at 6:30 EST, going to try and get some training partners to come in an hour early to drill some stuff.

!

10. Hillary

Hillary Brown Belt

My update:

Since all the shit went down in Brazil, I've been really down on myself. I didn't put it all over my blogs, but I was dumped hard on top of everything and I had been really stoked to find a guy who put up with/related to my BJJ travels and training. That plus injuries, getting suspended from CBJJ, losing a close friend, sickness, losing a sponsor, school problems (couldn't find a thesis adviser and would lose scholarship if I didn't)...bam. I just collapsed. Didn't want to study, didn't want to train, didn't go ride my horse and I just shut off my phone. Normally I hate an hour of downtime--I get antsy--but I was in a situation where I couldn't even get myself out of bed.

I had a couple friends sort of kick me in the ass this week, tell me I was fucking up and I needed to become me again. Talked to Pimenta (my corner for worlds) and Jake (one of my good friends) and they sort of got me fired up to get my ass back in gear. I'm back studying hard, I trained with someone that kicked my ass two years ago on Monday (and we hadn't rolled since then) and I wrecked them...felt good. I'm weak, out of shape, and gassed, but I gotta get back in the game.

So bam. Motivational stuff to get us all back on our feet. :)

11. sak

sak White Belt

I was about to ditch out on morning class.....NOW I SHALL GO TRAIN!!!

12. An end for

An end for Purple Belt

I've heard that story about a pastor doing this to someone, but instead of air, it was Jesus.
    Trained this morning, going to attend the little of the afternoon class before blasting off to school.

13. fourfif**

fourfif** Banned Banned

hope you don't mind me askin',

but.... why??

14. Hillary

Hillary Brown Belt

It came up before, but it's because I didn't spend a year between brown and black belt. It just irritated me cause I dropped a grand that I really didn't have on getting to the Rio Open and between breaking my wrist and this, couldn't compete.

15. ComteGuillotine

ComteGuillotine Blue Belt

I woke up intending to go to the morning class, but then I said to myself, "I only slept five hours, it was a bad five hours, and my back feels like demons, ghosts, or the boogie man, came into my room and hit me on my back with a bat while I was sleeping..."

One Soma, two ultracets, a light meal, and five hours later, and I am finally looking forward to the night class, which short of a tornado touching down in my backyard or a tree falling on my car, I am certainly going to attend.

16. KaosX

KaosX Banned Banned

That sucks! Crappy reason for DQ.

I'm glad you're sticking through it though, shows us you mean what's in your sig line.

My daughter is 7 and just started BJJ and she asks if girls can be good at jiu jitsu because she's the only one in her class - I show her some videos of you and some other female bjj players and as corny as it may sound it's got to inspire her on some level.

17. Ninjamurf

Ninjamurf Handing out lollipops for over 3 decades

Do they separate the brown and black womens divisions at the Rio Open?! I usually see them combined? If they didn't separate them that would be a ridiculous reason to get DQ'ed.

And now you made me feel all bad because I'm old, and fat, and it's hot, and my tummy hurts, and I don't have a bike...and my feet hurt. Oh damn. :eek:

Fine! Off to class tonight.

18. BJJ in Chicago

BJJ in Chicago Livin' la vida bomba

Trying desperately to learn the berimbolo
    Wow. I didn't even know the cbjj had rules about that.

19. BJJ in Chicago

BJJ in Chicago Livin' la vida bomba

Trying desperately to learn the berimbolo
    that being said. i can't imagine being a woman and trying to explain bjj to a man who doesn't train. i have a hard enough time explaining it to my wife (who is probably the most understanding person i know). you suffered a loss. multiple losses actually. and you needed to mourn them. i believe that not mourning your losses is exceptionally unhealthy in the long run. so well done. and congratulations on continuing your journey.

20. ozyabbas

ozyabbas Purple Belt

I hope a certain person watched that video.

For me its not about actually going to class. I can always force myself to go to class. Its about how hard I train when im in class. Whether I push myself the extra mile or not.

I really hate it when people come up with excuses all the time for not training. It especially annoyed me recently when a guy that was meant to be helping me teach some kids classes. Who had been hyping how much he is looking forward to training, fails to turn up three weeks in a row with no prior warning and there is always a lame excuse afterwards.

Sorry, forgot to say well done to Hillary for battling through her recent problems.