1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Happy Thanksgiving

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by Old Cat, Nov 25, 2021 at 6:07 AM.

1. deucesarewild Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

I heard that it was a graphic but compelling read. From what I've read over the years, the Comanches were sadistic. They would gang rape captured women, the women of the victorious tribe would stone the enslaved women, and then captured men would be tortured to death. Whoever was left would be assimilated or starve to death.

BluntTrauma21 likes this.
  2. BluntTrauma21 Broner Brodie / Pulev Posse

Yeah the Plains tribes in general were apparently really hardcore w torturing/rape and that type of stuff. It can be a tough read in that regard. The Comanches really took that violence to another level, tho.

The story kinda revolves around the famous Comanche leader Quanah Parker who was the son of a white woman who was captured during a raid and as you mentioned, assimilated into the tribe as one of the "chiefs" or someone equivalent's wife.

Allegedly the Comanches had trouble keeping up their numbers, procreating was tough within that community and many times they captured younger ppl to bring into their camps or what have you. I'm not sure if the procreating issue was genetic or something to do w/ the way they lived which was super off the grid. Super interesting but yeah really violent lot, those Comanches.

3. Blazeblack The man with no plan

My turkey this year- [​IMG]

4. borntoloseNOT Brown Belt

5. Old Cat Gold Belt

haha. Naw, I’ve been learning for 6 or 7 years and not consistently, life and all. I have a looong way to go.

I so enjoy sampling the work of and watching videos of those who have spent years perfecting their craft; the complexity and attention to detail it takes to prepare a truly great dish is astonishing. The cool thing about the pursuit is age is no handy-cap, the more you taste the precise your palate gets.

Hagler likes this.
  6. Old Cat Gold Belt

This cat is a freak. I love his enthusiasm. People like him are artists. @Hagler

Edit. I’m sick as dog, so I have been watching Michelin Stared chefs today on YouTube. These people are so impressive.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2021 at 11:41 AM