Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving boys. I'm not doing turkey this year I'm doing steaks again like a boss. Shout out to all the Indians whose land we stole, it wasn't anything personal we would've done it to most ppl. I love you guys even tho you're all giant homos. Have a fun one and be safe.

You are right, because everyone has, historically, done it to everyone else.

Just as Mongols raped their way across Europe, Zulus brutally conquered and enslaved neighboring tribes with their sudden ambushes, Carthage spread it's imperialism across Spain, Corsica, Sardinia, and western Sicily, so, too, did Native Americans ruthlessly push one another out of important land that yielded food and resources. The Comanche are a very fascinating tribe, but SCARY in terms of Joe they dealt with their neighbours.

As a matter of human history, if one group has less power than the group next to it, you can tell what is going to happen. It's been done since before we were humans.

It's an indelible, yet woeful pattern woven across our species' existence.

Which is why I am thankful I have a comparatively safe and happy existence. That's what Thanksgiving is to me: being thankful for the luck and people I have around me.

You know you did all that work and that Turkey still gone be bland....

Not mine sir. The three day dry brine w thyme rosemary and sage takes care of flavor. I’m typically not a fan of the white meat but this technique makes that normally muted cut section pretty darn good. Ohh and the gravy from the dipping . Shoooooooot. Makes ya want to slap someone.

yes sir. Make a quick roux, then mix w the 4 cups of dippings I have and voilà ( for @Hagler ), a gravy for the ages.

30 mins to go.

Which South are you from, BTW ? Sounds like amateurs aren't allowed in the kitchen down there. I do respect that.

yes sir. Make a quick roux, then mix w the 4 cups of dippings I have and voilà ( for @Hagler ), a gravy for the ages.

30 mins to go.
My wife makes gravy with drippings and heavy cream. So good.

Happy Thanksgiving boys. I'm not doing turkey this year I'm doing steaks again like a boss. Shout out to all the Indians whose land we stole, it wasn't anything personal we would've done it to most ppl. I love you guys even tho you're all giant homos. Have a fun one and be safe.
I didn't steal any land. Paid quite a lot for it actually.

Looks like some of you guys took that Indian joke a lil bit more serious than I expected. I'm just fucking around, like some other guy said that's what ppl do all over the world. I'm a fucking Patriot, these colors don't run boia! Screw turkey but Old Cat's looks good. Either way the stuffing will still be on the table w/ the steaks baby.

You are right, because everyone has, historically, done it to everyone else.

Just as Mongols raped their way across Europe, Zulus brutally conquered and enslaved neighboring tribes with their sudden ambushes, Carthage spread it's imperialism across Spain, Corsica, Sardinia, and western Sicily, so, too, did Native Americans ruthlessly push one another out of important land that yielded food and resources. The Comanche are a very fascinating tribe, but SCARY in terms of Joe they dealt with their neighbours.

As a matter of human history, if one group has less power than the group next to it, you can tell what is going to happen. It's been done since before we were humans.

It's an indelible, yet woeful pattern woven across our species' existence.

Which is why I am thankful I have a comparatively safe and happy existence. That's what Thanksgiving is to me: being thankful for the luck and people I have around me.
I read Empire of the Summer Moon not too long ago. The Comanches were straight up insane ppl.

Back