Happy Chinese-Lunar New Year

Im a rooster.

Charlton Heston was my uncle and I remember as a little kid driving with him and Id reach over and tickle him. He returned the play by tickling me and saying keep your hands off me you damn dirty ape. It was during filming of Planet of the Apes.

I celebrated Chinese New year earlier today.. funny thing...about a half hour later I felt like celebrate the new year again.

Temple by my work had cars lined up for blocks. Everyone want that luck this year.

Not my sign, but I do like monkeys. So, cool.

This thread needs more girls in monkey suits.

article-0-0E8BAC4300000578-966_634x688.jpg

f yall and your red money envelopes. This country still remembers Pearl Harbor

Mooncake with redbean is pretty good though.

Just googled and realized my western and chinese zodiac animals are the same: sheep/Aries. Weird.

Happy New Year!

You must be a follower and isn't leadership material being a double Sheep. Always getting herded.

Update on yesterday night poker game:
I won a whooping $56 after 6hrs. This year must really be good for Rabbits.

@Dr Hannibal Lecter

This is how you do a proper all-Asians-are-the-same troll comment.

I was actually gonna say something about the eyes of the monkey in your pics. But I have no interest in and am above such low and offensively simple forms of humor, sir.

Last edited:
Happy New Year, 新年快樂!

I find it interesting many people call it Chinese new year even though Koreans, Japanese, and Vietnamese celebrate the same new year as well. Here in Taiwan, celebrations are somewhat muted due to the earthquake in the southern region just a few days ago. Still had dinner with the big extended family.

Happy New Year, 新年快樂!

I find it interesting many people call it Chinese new year even though Koreans, Japanese, and Vietnamese celebrate the same new year as well. Here in Taiwan, celebrations are somewhat muted due to the earthquake in the southern region just a few days ago. Still had dinner with the big extended family.

Tha calendar comes from China though, and a lot of countries were longtime vassal of China, and took a lot of culture from them, especially during the Ming Dynasty.

Happy New Year, 新年快樂!

Chinese/Lunar New Year is almost a complete non-thing in Japan. Japan does traditional lunar New Year stuff on solar New Year.

I call it Chinese New Year because that's how it's referred to and widely know in English. I wouldn't go calling it Chinese New Year in Korean or Japanese.

Back