Happiest UFC moment for PRIDE and old school fans

Shogun getting the belt

The Fedor Knocking that big black dude in strikeforce

his name must not be spken

Hendo vs Shogun. Daaamn what a remarkable battle. Makes an old PRIDE fan proud to see those two give it their all in the cage.

Rampage crushing Chuck again. I was a Chuck fan but had suspected for some time that he had been avoiding powerful/skillful strikers, then bam, Rampage does the deed.

Wandy vs Leben. Forrest vs Shogun 1 & both Mir vs Big Nog fights. Best fights ever

When a smiling Fedor walked out with the belt and accepted CroCops challenge was a great moment hopefully a lot of people seen.

Sorry thought u meant moments in pride but that was a great moment nonetheless

Rampage knocking out Liddell. Everyone I knew thought it was a big deal. If I had money then I wouldve made a few bets.

Last edited:
Nog beating Timmah. But then I started to really dislike Nog soon thereafter after he wrote his autobiography.

When a smiling Fedor walked out with the belt and accepted CroCops challenge was a great moment hopefully a lot of people seen.

Sorry thought u meant moments in pride but that was a great moment nonetheless

Rampage knocking out Liddell. Everyone I knew thought it was a big deal. If I had money then I wouldve made a few bets.

Which one was that? I'm seeing it in my head but not the same. Been too long

There are a ton of moments to choose from, but my favorite in order are:

3) Shogun vs. Henderson 1
2) Rampage vs. Silva 3 (one of the best and cleanest knockouts out there)
1) Henderson vs. Rampage (unifying of the belts)

For me it was Minotoro submitting Sylvia....there was a lot debate about the hw's for years. Shogun and Rampage winning the titles was good.

And give it up for Shogun/Hendo 1....two Pride warriors put on the best fight the ufc's ever seen.

Which one was that? I'm seeing it in my head but not the same. Been too long

The second fight. Or you talking about Fedor? He makes a long entrance to the ring smiling ear to ear right after Crocop fought. If u look up fedor accepts Crocops challenge u should find it. There is one of crocop by himself saying he wantw Emelianenko Fedor next but that was before. I forget which fight.

Wandy vs Leben. Forrest vs Shogun 1 & both Mir vs Big Nog fights. Best fights ever

We got ourselves a comedian here. How many UFC stars and top fighters from that era are still relevant??

The second RD when Wanderlei destroyed Cung lee he reminded me of old school Wanderlei Silva

Even though I like Schaub.... Nog koing him was awesome.

Hunt on his run was great.

When Mirko beat Couture for the belt.

I cried that day.

:icon_cry2

Anderson vs Leben is a good memory. For me it was an obvious missmatch in Silva's favour on paper. Leben a slugger who likes to stand and bang and Silva a brilliant technician who exploits any openings his opponents give in devastating fashion.
I sat with a smug smile on my face watching Leben say he'd knock Anderson out and send him back to Japan where the competition is easier.

Anderson vs Leben is a good memory. For me it was an obvious missmatch in Silva's favour on paper. Leben a slugger who likes to stand and bang and Silva a brilliant technician who exploits any openings his opponents give in devastating fashion.
I sat with a smug smile on my face watching Leben say he'd knock Anderson out and send him back to Japan where the competition is easier.

This. Felt so good when Anderson beat him.

Shogun winning the title? Hendo KOing TUF Bisping?

I know the best pride guy moment for ufc fans was seeing Cro Cop Head Kicked KOed.

No doubt.

Shogun beating Machida 2x (when he was considered unbeatable) is my personal favorite.

Back