Happiest UFC moment for PRIDE and old school fans

emax

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
So for the fans of PRIDE and of Strikeforce during the same years that PRIDE was functioning, what were your happiest moments once you started to see these guys in the UFC? What were the moments given to us by PRIDE and SF fighters, competing inside the UFC after their PRIDE and SF careers, that gave you the most joy and elation to watch?

I would assume the earliest "best" memory would be Big Nog beating Timmeh...Wandy fighting Chuck was good too, although Wandy lost. I always considered Wandy the better fighter but he didn't seem to show his skillset in that fight. Or maybe he was just beaten fair and square...:redface:

Off the top of my head big nog ko'ing Schaub in Brazil. I thought that was better than when he won the belt.

Recently Lawler's resurgence and Hunto's run.

Off the top of my head big nog ko'ing Schaub in Brazil. I thought that was better than when he won the belt.
With Schaub calling out faded legend after faded legend, and talking smack the entire time while doing it. Getting KO'd by Zombie Nog was a thing of beauty.

The first one that came to mind and the biggest one for me was Shogun winning the title. Big Nog's win was great, and Wandy's knees on Cung Le were great. My highest hopes were for Cro Cop....and I'm glad he at least got some wins instead of being 3 and done.

Wanderlie turning back the clock by knocking out Stann in Saitama, that shit gave me goosebumps.

Wand KOing Stann in Japan and Lawler's run come to mind.

Mauricio-Rua.jpg

Wanderlei rape choking and murdering jardine in like 20 seconds
Hendos hbomb on bisping as well as him totally shutting Palhares down
Wand and chuck finally getting at it is probably my favorite. Few times anymore do I get nervous prior to a fight but that was one that was unreal.
Loved seeing Gomi knockout Tyson griffin with one shot. Tyson was favored at like 2 or 3 to one to win
Mark Coleman fighting and beating bonnar @ UFC 100
Big nog beating up Sylvia and couture rank high up too...but nowhere near him putting Abu schaubi to sleep

Overeem beating Tkoing Struve.

Because it proves that Overeem can still be an UFC Champ

Wanderlei rape choking and murdering jardine in like 20 seconds
Hendos hbomb on bisping as well as him totally shutting Palhares down
Wand and chuck finally getting at it is probably my favorite. Few times anymore do I get nervous prior to a fight but that was one that was unreal.
Loved seeing Gomi knockout Tyson griffin with one shot. Tyson was favored at like 2 or 3 to one to win
Mark Coleman fighting and beating bonnar @ UFC 100
Big nog beating up Sylvia and couture rank high up too...but nowhere near him putting Abu schaubi to sleep

Lol Nog definitely didn't "beat up" Sylvia but that was probably my favorite Nog moment when he pulled out the sub. It was looking baaaaaaad til that moment, but once it hit the ground it was on, NOG TIME

Lol Nog definitely didn't "beat up" Sylvia but that was probably my favorite Nog moment when he pulled out the sub. It was looking baaaaaaad til that moment, but once it hit the ground it was on, NOG TIME

No kidding...Nog was getting WORKED until they got to the ground.

With Schaub calling out faded legend after faded legend, and talking smack the entire time while doing it. Getting KO'd by Zombie Nog was a thing of beauty.

This made me lol

Even though he lost both, Hendo fighting Rampage and Anderson back to back in UFC debut fights (post-Pride, I know he was there early) just shows the respect a lot of those guys deserved. Especially considering Rampage just came over from Pride and Anderson had fought there too.

It's amazing to look at Hendo's opponents and see the list of legends he's competed with for over 15 years in the biz.

When Big Nog wins, it feels like we all win.

Imagine if we had gotten to see Fedor join right after the merger and smash every UFC HW they could throw at him for two to three years.

Back