Happened Today

CoreCanyon

Geez, lots of new people.
@purple
Reaction score
This happened to me today while squatting.

photo.jpg

The standard broke, then the weight crashed to the floor and broke the plate in the middle. Lots of loud noise. I thought it was kind of cool.

*edit:

I should clarify. Most likely this had nothing to do with me squatting. It just happened to break while it was my turn. My lifting partner was going 495x5. I broke it, "he loosened it up", not to mention all of the other wear and tear.

Not sure what you mean when you say the "standard" broke.

Looks like that's a broken j-hook aka peg aka "the thing you put the barbell on when you finish squatting."

Anyway, I'm glad you're okay.

Also, you need to buy a huge gold chain and wear that busted plate around as a medallion now.

Not sure what you mean when you say the "standard" broke.

Looks like that's a broken j-hook aka peg aka "the thing you put the barbell on when you finish squatting."

Anyway, I'm glad you're okay

The j-hook thing is what I was calling the standard. I just call it that so the kids know what I'm talking about.

it scared the piss out of me. and I appreciate it (the gald you're ok part.)

Last edited:
That plate is pretty messed up, did it drop onto concrete?

That's terrifying. It's only a matter of time until that happens at my gym. Bar always looks like it's about to snap in half. Things must cost like $30. Glad you're okay.

That plate is pretty messed up, did it drop onto concrete?

It hit on a horse mat, rubber mat thingy.

That's terrifying. It's only a matter of time until that happens at my gym. Bar always looks like it's about to snap in half. Things must cost like $30. Glad you're okay.

It happened really fast. I appreciate it.

Back