Hank Azaria to quit voicing Apu on ‘The Simpsons’ cuz Racism

It doesn’t matter if you don’t find it offensive other people do and for that reason he has to be removed. But just removing the character is not enough, clearly racist stereotypes and propaganda cane from others not just hank. These people need to be punished

He was a millionaire businessman pillar of the community with a sports car and a loving family. What a terrible stereotype.

The accent was pretty good, so I don't really care. I bet a lot of people saying that him doing the voice is OK, also moan about minorities cast white roles though.
But but but ....that's different!

I occasionally will still catch a new episode and it makes me mad how bad it’s gotten. The Simpsons need to go all out on a final season and rehire the writers from the early seasons. How great would a new Conan O’Brien episode be?

Who needs the Kwik E Mart?
ejmwlomxhukuwjdtbmh7.jpg

Perfection.

damn white liberal PC culture. Damn it to hell.

It’s only PC and socially acceptable to make fun of white people

I occasionally will still catch a new episode and it makes me mad how bad it’s gotten. The Simpsons need to go all out on a final season and rehire the writers from the early seasons. How great would a new Conan O’Brien episode be?

They'll run it into the ground. They said it themselves

They should get an actual Indian guy to voice Apu and make Apu and accountant (without explanation). That would be some real comedy.

It's not about racism, it's about Indian elitists being ashamed of their own blue collar people. Good guy who runs a business and doesn't rape. Oh what a terrible stereotype.

It's not about racism, it's about Indian elitists being ashamed of their own blue collar people. Good guy who runs a business and doesn't rape. Oh what a terrible stereotype.
Doesn’t rape? Is that the standard for being a good guy?

Doesn’t rape? Is that the standard for being a good guy?

One could say non-rape is included in the criteria for being a good guy. But I was playing into a Indian stereotype for ha-has

Well there is some old fucking news

TBH this is pretty fucking stupid. I can do a pretty good Russian accent & I've fooled Russian friends/coworkers over the years too.

I've always had a great appreciation of the art of voice acting & have thought about pursuing this many times at the behest of family,friends, coworkers.

so let's say I pursue this, I'm not allowed to ever use that accent ever again for a potential opportunity?

this is fucking comedy. Azaria should have never gave in.

He should have pulled out of that dieing franchise years ago. His royalty checks are good enough.

Liberals ruin everything.

Literally.

Even the freaking Simpsons.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back