Hank Azaria to quit voicing Apu on ‘The Simpsons’ cuz Racism

In what planet is 'Hari' funny?

I've known lots of Indians and that's how they talk.
Hank is gutless, by stopping he gives these people victory.

This is sickeningly liberal.

"It's been great watching comedy go WOKE."
- Colin Quinn

Lol imagine seeing a movie about a minor character in a cartoon being offensive and thinking "wow, I'd like to see that movie".

So rather than take on the caste system, he takes on Apu. Typical sjw who wants to feel good about themselves rather than really make a change.

So can anybody just call themselves a "comedian" these days? Giving comedy a bad name imo.
It’s always been that way. For whatever reason, comedic actors have been called comedians forever. I don’t get it either.

I never even knew it was Hank Azaria voicing Apu. Since he’s quitting, why don’t they just get an actual Indian guy? I mean East Indian, of course. But it would be even funnier if they got a Native American.

Apu is a small business owner and family man, but it's problematic because a guy from India has an Indian accent. lol

Imagine how the 1.4 billion Indian people who have Indian accents must feel about being told that they need to shut up because every time they talk they're racist against themselves.

He's a few million years too late, but stay woke I guess.

Whats next get rid of the Irish guy cause its a stereotype or comic book guy because it stereotypes Nerds? I know this is not new but when will this madness end.

The accent was pretty good, so I don't really care. I bet a lot of people saying that him doing the voice is OK, also moan about minorities cast white roles though.

Well, depends. In modern stuff no problem, but when they put black/asian/others in european historical material blending in the population it's just stupid, immersion breaking and borderline propaganda tbh.
"Hell I hate those protestant heretics from the next village, I swear to God we should wipe them out completely, they are the scum of the earth, near as bad as Englishmen. What ? Oh that's George, our baker. Don't know, never noticed he was black. He makes some really nice bread."

Well, depends. In modern stuff no problem, but when they put black/asian/others in european historical material blending in the population it's just stupid, immersion breaking and borderline propaganda tbh.
"Hell I hate those protestant heretics from the next village, I swear to God we should wipe them out completely, they are the scum of the earth, near as bad as Englishmen. What ? Oh that's George, our baker. Don't know, never noticed he was black. He makes some really nice bread."

I can't think of any shows that have done that, TBH. I'm sure some exist and that is stupid. However, Hollywood has a long history of casting white people in non white roles.

Whats next get rid of the Irish guy cause its a stereotype or comic book guy because it stereotypes Nerds? I know this is not new but when will this madness end.

Should go faster and get rid of Homer. I mean what kind of middle class american is that ? Fat, irresponsible, borderline retarded ... Clearly anti-white / anti-USA.

Has Disney+ started putting disclaimers up warning people about the potential deep emotional scarring Apu might cause viewers of The Simpsons, yet?

I work with a dude named Amit at my work and he sounds just like Apu. Ive even called him apu because of it. Im probably getting fired.

You better not be talking about my boy Grounds Keeper Willie. He's Scottish, mother fucker!!

37m4iYX.gif

I can't think of any shows that have done that, TBH. I'm sure some exist and that is stupid. However, Hollywood has a long history of casting white people in non white roles.

I am currently watching the latest Dracula. Black londoner, Indian londoner, all gentlemen sharply dressed... In late 1800's, hum, nope.

I am currently watching the latest Dracula. Black londoner, Indian londoner, all gentlemen sharply dressed... In late 1800's, hum, nope.

It's also got a fookin' Vampire in it though, so......

Edit: Agree that it is stupid, but I'd be more rustled if it was supposed to be based on a true story.

Back