PPV May 20th Haney vs Lomachenko Top Rank

Who wins?

• Total voters
Lomachenko beat Ortiz fairly comfortably. He was landing all of the clean shots and they were telling. Ortiz's shots didn't have anywhere near the same impact. All you have to do is go back and watch the highlights. The right man won.

You never cease to make me laugh. He was getting boxed up for most of the first 7 rounds with Ortiz jab and combinations to the body. Hilarious how you have created this 'impact' metric which is complete baloney, all that matters is clean punches and Ortiz was landing heaps of them. I rewatched the whole fight the other night. I even gave Loma the 12th despite him doing nothing there, and it could have gone either way.

You never cease to make me laugh. He was getting boxed up for most of the first 7 rounds with Ortiz jab and combinations to the body. Hilarious how you have created this 'impact' metric which is complete baloney, all that matters is clean punches and Ortiz was landing heaps of them. I rewatched the whole fight the other night. I even gave Loma the 12th despite him doing nothing there, and it could have gone either way.
Lomachenko beat Ortiz. It's a fact. Not one judge saw it otherwise. The media agrees. Your salty tears don't change anything.

Hard to see Lomachenko lose to a jab and clinch style. The styles that seem to trouble him are durable boxers coming in forward throwing a lot of volume while being able to absorb damage. Haney is the opposite of that. Loma looked slower but we still don't know if it was ring rust/Ortiz being vastly underestimated/whether he actually aged poorly or a combination of the three.

If this fight happens it's gonna answer a lot of questions about both guys.

Soon as you resort to boxing judges equaling proof you are giving up. GG. Another KO.

Soon as you resort to boxing judges equaling proof you are giving up. GG. Another KO.
I'm hiding behind the official judges' scorecards? False. I just said that practically all of the fans and media also had Loma beating Ortiz. In other words, your argument has no legs to stand on. The majority > a couple of shitty scorers in the minority. Ortiz started well but then by round 5 Loma started to take over. He made the better adjustments. Ortiz couldn't keep him off and kept eating hard straight lefts and swivel jabs that he had no answer for. Bloody Elbow did a nice write up covering Loma's adjustments in detail. I highly recommend reading it.

Lomachenko vs Ortiz results and technical analysis: Violent adjustments

I'm hiding behind the official judges' scorecards? False. I just said that practically all of the fans and media also had Loma beating Ortiz.

I just went through the PBP thread and only you and someone else had it for Loma. I counted about 5 others who scored it either a draw or Ortiz win. Every single person was disgusted by the official score cards. Must be fun living an in alternate reality.

You seem to think 1 Loma flurry where he lands 1-2 solid punches outweighs getting boxed up for the rest of the round. Its because you are sickly biased and desperately looking for any reason to give rounds to your boy. Such a casual.

I just went through the PBP thread and only you and someone else had it for Loma. I counted about 5 others who scored it either a draw or Ortiz win. Every single person was disgusted by the official score cards. Must be fun living an in alternate reality.
So why then do the large majority of the submitted fan scorecards disagree? All 3 official judges had Loma winning just as press row (the media that was actually there in attendance) and the majority of fans did. There's no controversy. The right man won. Below are 22 fan scorecards. Only 2 of them thought Ortiz did enough to win. That's just 9% of the total cards. See yourself out.
https://eyeonthering.com/boxing/vasyl-lomachenko-vs-jamaine-ortiz

you probably submitted those cards yourself clown.

you probably submitted those cards yourself clown.
Now that you've come to the harsh realization that your scoring is trash I'll mention something else that's appropriate. Bad Left Hook had Gavril beating Benavidez in the first fight, which was a highly contentious split decision, as did many of the others on press row. They had it 114-113 for Gavril. The knockdown was the difference. Your boy arguably deserved to lose to a Romanian cab driver that wasn't even rated as a contender by anybody! A guy that was half Benavidez's size ROFL. Yet nobody is crying robbery. Your double standards are truly embarrassing. As far as many of us are concerned Benavidez and Gavril are tied 1-1 in their rivalry. Pathetic.

Benavidez vs Gavril: Live streaming results and round by round coverage

Loma has looked old to me in his last couple bouts. Coin flip at best. I'd say Haney best strike while the iron is hot. Peak lower risk/higher reward for him right now, I'd say.
Agreed

All with no mention that Teo and Haney are both naturally much bigger longer men and Loma is competing well outside of his weight class. But I agree Loma would be more competitive if he carried more power up with him. Elite smaller men like Pac and Duran were still able to hang at higher weight classes because were still able to demonstrate good power when they went up.

I don't agree that any well-schooled american at Loma's natural weight class would beat him, let alone be bound to. Mikey Garcia would have been the best test and he ran out of the division.
Natural Loma's size is suitable for example for fight with Garry Russel Jr....
Like this.

Lomo might had couple more of fights at 126 lbs and couple more at 130 lbs....

Lomo is too small for 135 lbs division.
While Lomo had won this fight, IMHO Linares had gave him the hardest fight he ever had....

__
Best Loma's fight in pro ranks for me still is Linares vs Lomo.... beauty....
Linares made him a lot of problems and even might had won.
Unlike fight vs Lopez this was....damn watchable stuff and beauty.

Hard to see Lomachenko lose to a jab and clinch style. The styles that seem to trouble him are durable boxers coming in forward throwing a lot of volume while being able to absorb damage. Haney is the opposite of that. Loma looked slower but we still don't know if it was ring rust/Ortiz being vastly underestimated/whether he actually aged poorly or a combination of the three.

If this fight happens it's gonna answer a lot of questions about both guys.
another thing you need to beat loma is to shift style and gameplan every 3-4 rounds. Loma has in the past spent too much time trying to download information on guys early on and gave up too many rounds. If you can break the fight into 3 or 4 round stanzas you can keep giving him new looks to process and steal rounds that way as well

I feel like when someone is unknown and fights a big name and does well there are always a lot of people that think they won after just because they had exceeded expectations. Ortiz did well but he was eating a lot of the bigger and flashier punches.

Haney is going to be hard to land on though. He's going to use his size to keep Loma away and win a boring decision.

a sign of a true boxing aficionado, right there.

Lol!! Exactly. Arguably the greatest amateur boxer in history who tied the record of quickest to a world title after turning pro is “Overrated” :rolleyes:

25-28 year old Loma was in a league of his own. Literally could hardly be touched. Yes he’s older now and not at his peak anymore but he still will rise to the occasion and beat Haney. And once again shut the USUAL SUSPECTS up.

Loma by comfortable UD

Lol!! Exactly. Arguably the greatest amateur boxer in history who tied the record of quickest to a world title after turning pro is “Overrated”

Yep because AM and Pro are totally different. Of course a good boxer will be great in AM if he stays there forever. He fabricated his reputation at AM, then was gifted easy title shots to fool the sheep like you.

25-28 year old Loma was in a league of his own. Literally could hardly be touched.

Who is the best fighter he has ever beaten?

Back