Handwrapping help for MMA gloves

Maybe a little bit of ignorance from my side but you don`t need to let your palm open in order to grapple?
 
That's why you use scissors when wrapping for a fight. You cut the wrapping to get that open palm.
 
Hamit Aktas said:
That's why you use scissors when wrapping for a fight. You cut the wrapping to get that open palm.

What about sparring?
 
I've seen this asked in here before and I've never seen anyone give a real answer.
 
Rexholio said:
I've seen this asked in here before and I've never seen anyone give a real answer.

What kind of place are you running here when no one knows handwrapping for MMA gloves?

Tell me....What kind of place..what kind of place!!!!111
 
Since you live in Japan where MMA is huge, can't you just ask someone sitting next to you on the bullet train?
 
Rexholio said:
Since you live in Japan where MMA is huge, can't you just ask someone sitting next to you on the bullet train?

Sound good.

<--- Approach random guy in bullet train...Do you know handwrapping styles to use with MMA gloves? What about how to block flying knees or make my chin stronger....oh wait look over there...Godzilla!!!111
 
Shooto Panama said:
What about sparring?

Oh. Well, that's another thing. I wrap just like once or twice over the palm. And that's only because I have to, to make the wrapping good. I can't explain to you exactly how I wrap my hands for sparring other than not going over the palm as much as I would if I were to do boxing.

Then of course, there are many different kinds of wrappings and wrapping techniques. Different gloves and different preferences. So, I guess I'll have to tell you to try things out for yourself. Find a wrapping technique that stabilizes your wrist, protects your thumb and knuckles and don't cover the palm so much so you can't grapple.

Since you're "part of the initiative", I'll finish this off by saying:

Namaste and good luck!
 
handwrapping.jpg


this is about as open palm as you can get for hand wrapping... best to use mexican gauze+taping at the wrists since hook and loop wraps tend to be too bulky for mma gloves and too inelastic to wrap w/ the above method
 
Shooto Panama said:
Sound good.

<--- Approach random guy in bullet train...Do you know handwrapping styles to use with MMA gloves? What about how to block flying knees or make my chin stronger....oh wait look over there...Godzilla!!!111

I thought you guys killed Godzilla.

Do you need us to send over some tanks for him to blow up? You know, to bide some time before the protagonist parent realizes while watching his daughter play in the sand box some ultra-creative solution to taking Godzilla out.
 
WMah said:
handwrapping.jpg


this is about as open palm as you can get for hand wrapping... best to use mexican gauze+taping at the wrists since hook and loop wraps tend to be too bulky for mma gloves and too inelastic to wrap w/ the above method

Great man, thank you so much.

Namaste and good luck!

>:| 4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Madmick said:
I thought you guys killed Godzilla.

Do you need us to send over some tanks for him to blow up? You know, to bide some time before the protagonist parent realizes while watching his daughter play in the sand box some ultra-creative solution to taking Godzilla out.

Don Frye was taking care of the monster.
 
>: 4 8 15 16 23 42 ?

Well,

>: This is Hamit. Who is this?
 
From watching TUF it seems that the fighters have to get their hands wrapped by a representative of the NSAC, I was wondering does anybody know if its possible to find the approved method for handwrapping that they use?

I use a fairly simple method for handwrapping for mma based around using figure 8s over the back of the hand and putting a lot of loops around the wrist itself to stabilize the hand, I dislike wrapping fingers individually for mma as I find this limits my hand dexterity for grappling.
 
Haha.. okay seriously though. We're kinda off topic. WAY off topic. ;)
Though, in season 1 I did see Jin mount Michael and pound on him before Sayid came to rescue.

By the way, my theory is, Fedor is the "monster". Ah, that's right. You heard it here first!
 
WMah said:
handwrapping.jpg


this is about as open palm as you can get for hand wrapping... best to use mexican gauze+taping at the wrists since hook and loop wraps tend to be too bulky for mma gloves and too inelastic to wrap w/ the above method

Does anyone know if you could just skip the mexican guaze and just strickly use tape to "wrap" your hands for mma gloves?

I am thinking by just using tape, you could then cut it away where you dont want it (palms).
 
I have a few pairs of Junior size wraps that i use for MMA training. I basically wrap my hands the same way as i would for boxing, but using the shorter wrap makes it a little less bulky.
 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
1,238,990
Messages
55,598,673
Members
174,845
Latest member
sosadus
Back
Top