Handwrap length?

distorted

White Belt
Reaction score
So the otherday I went out and bought some handwraps for muay thai,

i was rushed and accidentally grabbed some 108" century cotton wraps, when i put them on I can't really do half the wrapping techniques on my average sized hands because they're too short, but I can still manage.
They were about 5 bucks.

My question is, is it really worth going out and getting some 180" mexican style wraps? Will they provide that much more support and protection?

I know some people prefer the 108's, but I don't have too much experience in MT so anyone's opinion is appreciated.

IMO, the longer the better. I think 180" wraps are a good investment. You can compensate for the short wraps by using athletic tape on where you want more protection. I use 180" wraps and tape.

definately longer wraps. you have more options on how you want to wrap your hands.

i use the ringside wraps. and they are great. as far as length and comfort.

ok cool, thanks guys, this week I'll go grab some 180 inchers... probably the century mexican style handwraps...

I know this has probably been done to death, but any tips on how to wrap the 108's... i dont think i can go around my fingers but im not sure, so far ive just been doing my knuckles and wrist.

ok cool, thanks guys, this week I'll go grab some 180 inchers... probably the century mexican style handwraps...

I know this has probably been done to death, but any tips on how to wrap the 108's... i dont think i can go around my fingers but im not sure, so far ive just been doing my knuckles and wrist.
Yeah u can look on youtube or I just do a few times on my knuckles, few times on my wrist, and back on the knuckles. Go in between each knuckle and wrap your thumb.

My instructor uses two 180 inch wraps on either hand.

Longer = better, imo

180. I've got skinny bitch wrists... actually, that's insulting to the bitches, 'cuz most of them have bigger, stonger wrists than me.

So I use big wraps.

I've been using the Everlast Evergel things. They're pretty good.

I'd use 180, though. 108s just don't get it done.

I prefer Mexican style handwraps because of the lenght and fit. The elasticity in them makes a better fit in my hand overall but i also own a couple of pairs of 108" wraps that i double up on when my mexican style ones are dirty. What i mean is that I use two 108' wraps per hand which gives a lot of protection for the knuckles and wrist. So just see which you personally feel better using and just stick with that.

IMO, the longer the better. I think 180" wraps are a good investment. You can compensate for the short wraps by using athletic tape on where you want more protection. I use 180" wraps and tape.

Same here..180" twins wraps and I wrap my wrists with tape

k i got the 180's (mexican style)

they seem a little bulky but im sure i'll get used to it.

do they fit under training gloves?

If you are a man then use the long ones. The short ones are more for smaller hands like women and kids

Back