Handstand push up questions

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by roundkick, Jul 18, 2010.

1. roundkick

roundkick Yellow Belt

Im using handles for my handstand pushes. Does anyone have advice on how to stay balances for this. I can get 20-30 on the wall but like 5 before falling off front or back on handles. Thanks

2. pineappleexpres

pineappleexpres Yellow Belt

I used the wall and slowly pulled a little further from the wall until I built up my balance. Another way is to have a friend there to catch your legs if you start to fall back and have them re-center you. It's just time and building the balance memory.

3. zx

zx adventurer

There is a good site for this kind of things. Tosa posted a link on some discussion.

4. roundkick

roundkick Yellow Belt

Thanks, I've checked out the beastskills site before. its great for those into bw exercises.

5. SMillard

SMillard Red Belt

either do it on rings so you can use the rope from the rings as a safety catch, have a friend as a spotter like suggested or you could set up a rope or tension band on the wall around your legs. Good luck