Xbox HALO INFINITE discussion thread

Pretty big risk coming off of Guardians, which sold well enough, but I believe has soured some folks on the franchise. I don't know if Halo is as big of a deal as it once was.
It's definitely not the same now that Bungie has moved on.

I’m pretty stoked to see it. Haven’t played the series since 2. Gamepass is awesome.

The new developers haven't been awful, but they ain't no Bungie. Expectations are mild. I'm sure it will be a tight little shooter, but I think the shine has worn off of the franchise, and they're gonna really have to knock this one out of the park to change that.

The new developers haven't been awful, but they ain't no Bungie. Expectations are mild. I'm sure it will be a tight little shooter, but I think the shine has worn off of the franchise, and they're gonna really have to knock this one out of the park to change that.
Given the rumoured budget for the game (500+ million).. which was mainly towards the creation of a entirely new engine, "Slipspace".. if it's anything but a stellar return to form for the series, it will be a huge disappointment.

I hope the fix the guns
Hated the minimal controller feedback when you shot those electric weapons in Halo 5

Not expecting much, hopefully the PC version is optimized.

Jesus Christ, why? It's just a shooter. What are the big plans here? Shinier water? Draw distance? It's just a fucking shooter. How much can you possibly do? All that money is being blown on looks...in a frantic FPS, where the only thing that matters...is the shooting. This ain't complex. Get the shooting right, and you could fill the backgrounds with pop-up book graphics. Motherfuckers have got DIsney CGI artists working on shit that nobody will give a damn about.

Jesus Christ, why? It's just a shooter. What are the big plans here? Shinier water? Draw distance? It's just a fucking shooter. How much can you possibly do? All that money is being blown on looks...in a frantic FPS, where the only thing that matters...is the shooting. This ain't complex. Get the shooting right, and you could fill the backgrounds with pop-up book graphics. Motherfuckers have got DIsney CGI artists working on shit that nobody will give a damn about.
There's been a few rumours that it will be to some degree, open world.. nothing official tho.

Still excited. Always Loved the feel of this franchise. Got like 10 days on 5, and that game didn’t get much love.

Halo always had a long TTK, but I hope they cut it just a tad bit. It was frustrating when they have over shields, and you have to hit them with at least 5 battle rifle trigger pulls. Though even if they don’t, I’ll get it anyway

Last edited:
5 years in development..

Sounds similar to Anthem.

Marketed as 'In production since after Dragon Age Inquisition,' when it actually was in pre-production until 18 months before its release.

Is the campaign gonna make sense this time without having read some of the books, that was a dumb idea in 5.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back