Xbox HALO INFINITE discussion thread

Its still pretty damn good.

Much better than most RPGs.

But yeah, I would hope 10-20 hour action games would have better 'action' than an RPG that many players have 500+ hours in.

The highlights of Witcher 3 are the deep 'open world,' characters, storyline, and multiple endings throughout the main story, sidequests, and two huge DLCs.
I meant action-rpgs forgot to add that, ofcourse action games would have better combat than action-rpgs.

I meant action-rpgs forgot to add that, ofcourse action games would have better combat than action-rpgs.

Seems like every action game that your character gains XP and Level Ups is said to be an 'Action RPG.'

Anyway, whenever CyberPunk 2077's release date is announced, I suggest planning on playing through Witcher 3 at least once before that date.

Seems like every action game that your character gains XP and Level Ups is said to be an 'Action RPG.'

Anyway, whenever CyberPunk 2077's release date is announced, I suggest planning on playing through Witcher 3 at least once before that date.
I think games like Nier Automate etc have amazing combat even without the xp etc. Games like Sekiro etc. These arent small games either 50 hour plus experiences etc, but they just dont have the scope of a W3.

Im probably gonna try for the platinum trophy for witcher 3.
Cyberpunk isnt gonna be released any time soon imo. I think maybe late 2020.

I hope the game is as good as everyone says it is. If it is game of the generation, then its beating out masterpieces like Bloodborne, Legend of Zelda BOTW, Deus Ex MD, UC4, GOW etc and I find that hard to believe. I hope it does and turns out to be a surprise, I love amazing combat, and I hear the combat isnt as amazing as other action games.

I believe that it's the best game of this generation, however, it might be more appropriate to call it the best story driven RPG of this generation. It really depends one what your taste is. I could see someone who is more into straight up action games, not thinking much of TW3.

As far as open world, narrative driven RPG's go though, it's on another planet.

I believe that it's the best game of this generation, however, it might be more appropriate to call it the best story driven RPG of this generation. It really depends one what your taste is. I could see someone who is more into straight up action games, not thinking much of TW3.

As far as open world, narrative driven RPG's go though, it's on another planet.
Some of my most memorable gaming experiences are story driven games, like TLOU and TWD season 1. I'll definitely play it.

Some of my most memorable gaming experiences are story driven games, like TLOU and TWD season 1. I'll definitely play it.

And if you're a fan of Game of Thrones, you're going to love it.

And if you're a fan of Game of Thrones, you're going to love it.
Fine yall convinced me, Ill play it after Sekiro or maybe after Days Gone (if that game turns out to be good). Its at the front log now lol.

Its still pretty damn good.

Much better than most RPGs.

But yeah, I would hope 10-20 hour action games would have better 'action' than an RPG that many players have 500+ hours in.

The highlights of Witcher 3 are the deep 'open world,' characters, storyline, and multiple endings throughout the main story, sidequests, and two huge DLCs.

Brah, dont get his hopes up. The weak point of the Witcher series has always been the combat, and 3 is no different. It's unintuitive, clunky and lacks precision.

But you play WItcher for everything except the combat.

@jojoRed. The combat is below average, mediocre at best.. Understand that before starting the game. It attempts to create depth but at the end of the day the most efficient thing to do is the exact same maneuver over and over.

Pretty big risk coming off of Guardians, which sold well enough, but I believe has soured some folks on the franchise. I don't know if Halo is as big of a deal as it once was.

Halo 4 and 5 were pretty poor games in my opinion....in terms of story and lore. Shooting mechanics are buttery smooth and absolutely incredible, but I hated the storyline in 4, and 5 was just kind of a boring mess. Angry Joe ripped Halo 5 a new one and rightfully so...fighting the same boring boss umpteen times wasn't exciting or challenging. Halo 4 was basically shoot some dogs, shoot some knights, and then a fucking QTE for the final boss...story was also kind of a mess and I straight up hated what they did with Cortana.

So I agree that while Halo : Infinite will definitely sell they are really pushing it with that kind of budget. Guess we'll see what happens but if that budget is true I expect a massive amount of monetization to be implemented.

Brah, dont get his hopes up. The weak point of the Witcher series has always been the combat, and 3 is no different. It's unintuitive, clunky and lacks precision.

But you play WItcher for everything except the combat.

@jojoRed. The combat is below average, mediocre at best.. Understand that before starting the game. It attempts to create depth but at the end of the day the most efficient thing to do is the exact same maneuver over and over.

You make it sound like its the same shit over and over again.

Between using strong attacks, weak attacks, and the signs (magic) against multiple soldiers, monsters, or the several awesome boss fights - Its not revolutionary, but still very good.

This game wouldn't be on so many players 'Favorite Games Of All Time' lists, wouldn't have won more GOTY awards that TLoU, and wouldn't be said to be the best damn game of this generation - if the gameplay was as shitty as you describe.

Only if you're playing on normal. It can get quite strategic if you're playing on higher difficulties. The combat in TW2 was clunky and shitty. They did a pretty good job cleaning it up in TW3. It ain't perfect, but it's still fairly solid and nothing that will detract from the overall experience.

Only if you're playing on normal. It can get quite strategic if you're playing on higher difficulties. The combat in TW2 was clunky and shitty. They did a pretty good job cleaning it up in TW3. It ain't perfect, but it's still fairly solid and nothing that will detract from the overall experience.
Recommend starting on higher difficulties or start normal, then replay on higher difficulty.

Recommend starting on higher difficulties or start normal, then replay on higher difficulty.

I think it's adjustable at any time, so just do what suits you and adjust accordingly. If you want that platinum though, you will have to play it on extreme, which is no joke. Although, if you can make it through the From Software games, you should be able to handle anything this game tosses at you.

I think it's adjustable at any time, so just do what suits you and adjust accordingly. If you want that platinum though, you will have to play it on extreme, which is no joke. Although, if you can make it through the From Software games, you should be able to handle anything this game tosses at you.
Ahh yeah I do like collecting platinums of games I love. This seems like one that I will love. Hell Im going back to TLOU to plat it, just because its in my top 3.

Sekiro im really liking atm, and that one is really difficult, and yeah Imma get the platinum here like Bloodborne. Difficult games dont put me off, as I like a challenge.

@jojoRed

This.

I first played the game on Normal, but regularly played quests the recommended level was far higher than I was at.

Some of the most intense moments of the game was when I battled multiple enemies that any one or two hits could kill me, every hit I did to each of them only took 2% of their health, and I had to be very strategic on my timing on when to attack or I'd have to restart the entire 15 or 20 minute fight.

Sometimes I wonder 'So this is what its like playing a Dark Souls game.'

I can't get away with taking on those battles in my 2nd playthrough. One arrow and I'm dead.

they’ll prob make that back in the first day lol

You make it sound like its the same shit over and over again.

Between using strong attacks, weak attacks, and the signs (magic) against multiple soldiers, monsters, or the several awesome boss fights - Its not revolutionary, but still very good.

This game wouldn't be on so many players 'Favorite Games Of All Time' lists, wouldn't have won more GOTY awards that TLoU, and wouldn't be said to be the best damn game of this generation - if the gameplay was as shitty as you describe.

The gameplay isnt shitty. The combat is mediocre. Very big difference. It wouldnt be the first RPG with sub par combat to be on the GOTY list *cough*ElderScrolls*cough*.

I have Sekiro, a bunch of RE games, TLOU replay, Nier Automata, etc. Witcher 3 is a huge time sink whilst games like the RE games etc are fairly quick. Id rather savour W3. I remember skipping it for MGSV and Bloodborne and I dont regret that.

I hope the game is as good as everyone says it is. If it is game of the generation, then its beating out masterpieces like Bloodborne, Legend of Zelda BOTW, Deus Ex MD, UC4, GOW etc and I find that hard to believe. I hope it does and turns out to be a surprise, I love amazing combat, and I hear the combat isnt as amazing as other action games.

Then you will be somewhat disappointed with Witcher 3 of that front. The controls are kinda loose and he floats about when he moves. You can practically button mash combos as long as you cast 1 or 2 spells to beat the entire game.

I wish they had given that money to Yu Suzuki instead...in 2002.

Love to see how that money is spent.

Back