International Haiti Presidential Assassination by Former US Informants

And over 100 years of US foreign policy history to look back on, as well as current situations in Venezuela, Bolivia, Syria, Afghanistan etc.... can go on and on. This is what our country does and has been doing. This is US Imperialism, it never stopped.

The guy had a group of criminals approach him and tell him that the US wanted to make him President. His friend, not him, claims that the criminals were representing US State and the Justice Department. Come on man, he was duped.

How do you take that the US was backing it? You do know that an informant is not an employee of the government and that they are typically individuals from criminal backgrounds who decided for one reason or another to provide information to authorities. Pablo Escobar was an informant, does that make him a government employee? None of the people were active informants at the time.

All you have is an associate is claiming the US was behind it. That's it.

Yes because this guy is who the US would groom as the future President of Haiti. Sounds like the guy was duped by a bunch of criminals.
Yes of course, no misdeeds here. We have no proof, therefore we cannot question anything. Thanks for the update, I can get that from watching the nightly news. We all know what we see there is not what really happened. Look up the USA history in meddling in foreign countries leaders and tell me that you blindly give them the benefit of the doubt?

I am not seeing any US direct help though. Doesn't make sense the CIA would engineer a coup then do nothing to help the coup plotters.
They helped the ones that knew escape and killed the others they had doubts about, the rest probably didn’t even know what was happening, but they are all patsy’s now.

Yes of course, no misdeeds here. We have no proof, therefore we cannot question anything. Thanks for the update, I can get that from watching the nightly news. We all know what we see there is not what really happened. Look up the USA history in meddling in foreign countries leaders and tell me that you blindly give them the benefit of the doubt?

So that makes any instance like this the US fault? That is some pretty bad logic. The friend of the would be future President, failed Florida businessman was approached by individuals claiming to represent US State and the Justice department. These guys duped him into cooperating, because of his political affiliation in Haiti. Do you think assassins would go up to him and tell him they were assassins? They played to his wanting of power. He wasn't smart enough to see this for what it was.

I am not seeing any US direct help though. Doesn't make sense the CIA would engineer a coup then do nothing to help the coup plotters.
They did exactly that in Cuba, which was one of the theories as to why JFK was assassinated...

It makes total sense to separate themselves from people who committed a coup. Like, 100% sense.

They helped the ones that knew escape and killed the others they had doubts about, the rest probably didn’t even know what was happening, but they are all patsy’s now.
26 people have been arrested. Come on man.

If CIA was involved, the US would have intervened and installed their preferred guy. Early media reports said that Haiti was asking for US military help, but the US did nothing.
Facts and reason won’t do much to dissuade people from their preconceived notions

If evidence comes out the US was involved, just like all our other well documented interferences, then I will be forced to change my mind.

I suspect however that this is just the typical boy crying wolf. We were criticized for backing the Haitian president and now we killed him?

They did exactly that in Cuba, which was one of the theories as to why JFK was assassinated...

It makes total sense to separate themselves from people who committed a coup. Like, 100% sense.

But Cuba had Soviet support and there wasn't popular support on the ground for the CIA backed elites. Haiti very poor and doesn't have Russia or anyone else to back them up.

If it were the CIA the guys wouldn’t have got caught, the FBI has been trying to pretend they are the CIA I wouldn’t count them out just yet.

But Cuba had Soviet support and there wasn't popular support on the ground for the CIA backed elites. Haiti very poor and doesn't have Russia or anyone else to back them up.
LOL, what? Soviet support was literally the reasoning for involvement in many wars and coups. Was their popular support for Vietnam?

LOL, what? Soviet support was literally the reasoning for involvement in many wars and coups. Was their popular support for Vietnam?

But that was during the Cold War, where the West thought it needed to fight the Soviets everywhere. Now, the US is tired of foreign interventions and just wants to step back.

PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti (AP) — Haiti's interim government said it asked the U.S. to deploy troops to protect key infrastructure as it tries to stabilize the country and prepare for elections in the aftermath of President Jovenel Moïse's assassination.

Soo far no help from the US. So doesn't look like Biden admin wants to get involved.

But that was during the Cold War, where the West thought it needed to fight the Soviets everywhere. Now, the US is tired of foreign interventions and just wants to step back.

PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti (AP) — Haiti's interim government said it asked the U.S. to deploy troops to protect key infrastructure as it tries to stabilize the country and prepare for elections in the aftermath of President Jovenel Moïse's assassination.

Soo far no help from the US. So doesn't look like Biden admin wants to get involved.

I think this is some rich guy pull off a hail mary. People forget that countless presidents have been killed by less organized groups or nutjobs.

OK, I'm not gonna waste my time with you. You've drank the Kool Aid, it's over.

f2eb7372ddc577ac.jpeg

OK, I'm not gonna waste my time with you. You've drank the Kool Aid, it's over.
Just look at Afghanistan, where the US is pulling out despite all signs showing a Taleban massacre and ethnic cleansing coming. The US spent a lot of lives, treasure and almost 20 years, and now just doesn't care.

Just look at Afghanistan, where the US is pulling out despite all signs showing a Taleban massacre and ethnic cleansing coming. The US spent a lot of lives, treasure and almost 20 years, and now just doesn't care.
Hate to break it to you, but they aren't pulling out. They are taking US troops off the ground (about 2,000) but leaving behind like 10,000 Private Militia men that are funded by the US, and Biden even said we would still be in the airspace with drones and potentially B52's.

There’s a lot of Russian money in Haiti. Various natural resource projects.

There’s a lot of Russian money in Haiti. Various natural resource projects.
Haiti looks like a basket case though. I doubt the Biden admin wants to get involved, fearing Republicans would be only too happy to use it to attack Biden.

Haiti Has Had Enough of Gangs, Kidnappings and Its President
Mar 12, 2021

Back