hair loss

PariahCarey said:
To paraphrase Larry David we bald people do not consider you a member of the bald community! Although i've read your posts before Muerteverde and have respect for you , you shaving your head is a choice. Keep shaving your head though.Its good not to conform.

DO NOT LET BEING BALD HOLD YOU BACK FROM ANYTHING.
Baldness is not a disease so there is no need for a cure. If they did have a "cure" for it a bunch of renegades would eventually choose to be bald by choice.

It can be difficult to accept at times. I myself was and still am a metalhead and there was a time not too long ago when my hair represented who i was.

I have never been rejected by a chic for being bald (not htat i know of anyway). If your self consicious about it people will pick up on it and that insecurity will keep away the chics.

Instead of viewing it as a weakness or a liability i have incorporated into my "style" and it is now a strength.

How you view yourself is generally how other people will view you/treat you so shave it and be done with it...

At the risk of being flamed for sounding gay I sometimes use flesh-toned powder and a soft brush to take the shine off.

Excellent post! I like your reference to Curb Your Enthusiasm's Larry David. That was a hilarious scene when he confronted the cop with the shaved but not actually bald head.

johil d'o said:
Excellent post! I like your reference to Curb Your Enthusiasm's Larry David. That was a hilarious scene when he confronted the cop with the shaved but not actually bald head.
Larry David is the man! I just wish he made more than like 5 episodes a season!

i have an interesting story, my friend started balding at 14, and lost all of his hair (on top of his head) by the gae of 16

I too shave my head or clipp it with no guard. I can't even begin to tell you how much money I have saved through out the years. I started mainly because of the military, 4 years in the Marines, and from knowing that my chances of thinning out were pretty high due to my father being a bald fuck.

There's nothing wrong with wanting hair, shit at times I wish I wasn't thinning out so badly so I could grow it out until I got sick of it again, which usually takes a couple weeks. Be safe about what you try and always read up on it as much as possible. That's one beauty of message boards you can sometimes get some first hand knowledge from peeps who have actually tried something, just don't pay to much attention to the ones who are just passing on some hear say and have no fucking clue as to what they are talking about.

DUDE Im only 19, and my hair feels like its thinning! My hair used to be great, but for the past few months Im losing a few strands a day.

My dad is bald, but my moms brothers all have good hair. BUt their only in their 30's so they may still lose it, I dont know. and my grand father died when he was 38, so I dont know if he would lose his hair.

I hope I dont lose my hair.

BUT if I do, I'm for sure getting a transplant or some hairclub shit.

How much do these cost? like 5 grand?

I plan on becoming a lawyer hopefully, so I'll have the money by the time I really start to lose hair ten years from now.

If I ever start to go bald, im shaving that shit off. Done and done.

mjfan12 said:
DUDE Im only 19, and my hair feels like its thinning! My hair used to be great, but for the past few months Im losing a few strands a day.

My dad is bald, but my moms brothers all have good hair. BUt their only in their 30's so they may still lose it, I dont know. and my grand father died when he was 38, so I dont know if he would lose his hair.

I hope I dont lose my hair.

BUT if I do, I'm for sure getting a transplant or some hairclub shit.

How much do these cost? like 5 grand?

I plan on becoming a lawyer hopefully, so I'll have the money by the time I really start to lose hair ten years from now.
I hear your anxiety. Everyone has been programmed to some extent that hair=self esteem or who i am. TV assures us of this.
I realize this is a S&P forum but this is an important issue and we are really discussing a deeper broader kind of strength. Hopefully in ten years you'll have evolved as a person to the point where you've gained some self-acceptance.

I suggest spending money now on a therapist. You need to learn how to focus on your assets. Getting a transplant or hairclub shit reinforces your insecurities it will not protect you from them.

I could write a book on dealing with hair loss because i've been there done that but here are a few tips;
1) Keep it short. The usual reaction is to grow it long to get coverage but the opposite is actually true. The shorter you keep it the more it looks like you have it. Buzz cuts work good.
2)If your insecure now get out of the habit of wearing at hat/cap at all times. Start by removing it in your car or places where people don't know who you are to get comfortable with it.
3)Don't get fat. Baldness is ok. Fat and Bald...no chic wants the Butterbean look.
4)Start looking at successful people who are accepted for being bald...Larry David, KoJak, Stone Cold Steve Austiin,DMX, Michael Jordan, Fedor (He's almost there! Fedor is the height of the unaffected actualized individual when it comes to not being insecure. Can you imagine if the Japanese reporters asked him what his response would be to hair loss? He's certainly not too worried about it!)
I'd also recommend the book "PowerBalding" in which the author explains how its your attitude that determines how people view you and not your hair loss.

Fear not the decaying of the flesh only the slaying of the soul-Beowulf

There's nothing wrong with wanting hair if your loosing it, after all you have to feel comfortable with how you look but do it for yourself not for others, bitches aint shit and if they don't want you cause your bald so be it. Just don't be like a little bitch getting her boobs done cause she feels insecure and wants attention.

Just remember, wanting something because your insecure is bad, wanting something cause you want it, now thats ok.

BaldPower,
-E aka Mr. Clean

P.S. I just bic'd my head last night god how i love being a blad fuck, saves me money saves me time, and there's nothing like giving someone a good burn with your stubble when your grappling =)

Back