Hair Loss And Grappling

Whigsplitter

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have a question......I have been training for a number of years now....BJJ, Muy Thai and wrestling

I caught a staph infection from my instructor.......I took the antibiotics and got rid of it...which took about 8 weeks

Then, I noticed that I would get little pimples in my hairline and after I popped them, my hair would fall out in that spot....

It is still happening, and I dont know how to stop it.....

has anyone else experienced this?

There's a minor form of staph that infects hair follicles. You could have that. I'd get it checked out.

I feel as if my hairline is receding a bit, mostly since I started grappling (about 1.5yrs). I was actually wondering the same thing. For me its just the top corners of my forehead. Not sure if its grappling related, work related (grease monkey), or just genetics/age/whatever.

Interested in more input.

I am thinking that I may still have some of the staph still in me. The rash used to be on the back of my neck, then crust up and ooze clear/yellow liquid. It was fucking disgusting.....

Now I just get these little pimples that dont pop like regular ones...they are very sore...and when they go away....my hair falls out in that spot

Im wondering if it is folliculitis

By the way....I bought and tried the hairmax lasercomb....and didnt work at all

Maybe Im just going bald.....fuck

Staph scares the shit out of me. Glad I haven't caught it...yet.

a while ago i popped a pimple on my head... and i got a little bold dot after that... i thought it was very strange, but it has grown back now!

I am thinking that I may still have some of the staph still in me. The rash used to be on the back of my neck, then crust up and ooze clear/yellow liquid. It was fucking disgusting.....

Now I just get these little pimples that dont pop like regular ones...they are very sore...and when they go away....my hair falls out in that spot

I'm no doctor but i'd say follicitis is definitely possible ...get back to the doctor's and if it breaks out really bad take some pics for us here on the grappling forum lol.

Scarey stuff dude, definitely get it seen to - again if you have already.

I am paranoid about staph and use defense soap after every lesson. You can buy soap/shower gel, and salve and oil for suts and scrapes.

http://www.defensesoap.com/

Hope it gets better mate.

Scarey stuff dude, definitely get it seen to - again if you have already.

I am paranoid about staph and use defense soap after every lesson. You can buy soap/shower gel, and salve and oil for suts and scrapes.

http://www.defensesoap.com/

Hope it gets better mate.

Thanks dude......yeah it was fucking scary......we clean the mats like crazy and I take a super hot shower after training......but the doc told me that all it takes is to have a little scrape/zit and make contact with someone with staph and its in.......its so fucking nasty when your ears squish together on some dudes head with sweat\

anyway, before I realized it was a staph infection, a lymph node on my neck swole up to the size of a small golf ball.....I thought it was cancer (which runs in my family) and I was scared shitless....especially for my kids if I died...

Then found out it was staph and did alot of thanking God

Now I wash with anti-microbial soap after class

about the possible folliculitis.....the doctor needs to cut a fucking chunk of skin out of my scalp to biobsy it....just like they did last time.....and they left a pretty bad scar.........I just dont want to give this shit to my son, cause we roll at home

maybe I will just shave my head or stop grappling ( which would suck)

Slithers - sounds like you have classic male pattern baldness of a minor nature, that's all. However, I'm a lawyer and not a doctor. No big thing.

Lay off the sauce....

jk, go see a dr, and somehow i blame you for the hair I get in my mouth everyday on the mat

Now I wash with anti-microbial soap after class

i am really against the use of that stuff. IF it truly is antimicrobial (antibiotic), it will disrupt the balance of your normal skin flora, and actually make it easier for pathogenic bacteriae to cause infections. The truth is, the best way of washing is still just with regular soap. Your normalflora is still the best defense against infections, and the over-usage of anti-microbial agents (i.e. meticillin/antibioticts) are what have caused the spread of MRSA infections in the first place. you will find tons of articles on this subject!

just my 2c

I sent a PM but wanted to post publicly for general benefit also. Try a coal tar based shampoo such as Neutragena T-Gel for this. I have had problems with it for years...

Is staph the same as impatigo? That stuff is horrible, had a case of it once and nearly had to burn everything I own and go into quarantine for two weeks to get rid!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back