Had to use Karate to defend myself on the street yesterday!

JudoYourDayUp

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I mean...kinda.

So yesterday afternoon my girlfriend and I go out on nice Sunday stroll with her little Chihuahua terrier. We get around the corner from her house and out of nowhere this huge pitbull comes running straight at us! It has no collar and there is no owner around.

The dog is making a b-line for my girlfriend's dog, but my girl scoops her up right at the last minute and the dog is running so fast that he actually runs into the wall of the building we are next to. He gets up and immediately jumps up on my girlfriend trying to bite her dog, who is yelping and pissing all over the place.

It was this moment that I knew I had to act. He was standing up-right on his hind legs with his back to me, so I yelled as loud as I could and slammed a roundhouse kick into his ribs! I used to do Shotokan Karate, and I got him pretty good.

The dog jumped away, seeming pretty startled and confused. He almost ran into the street, got more scared by a car, and ran away between some houses. We ran straight home at this point.

My girlfriend got a couple scratches from the dog and got peed on, but nobody got hurt otherwise. The whole thing was pretty surreal. If that dog actually tried to attack us, we'd both be in the hospital or worse. Plus I don't feel all that great about kicking a dog.

Sorry about tricking you all into reading this...

Based on your user name, I'm kind of surprised you didn't try to hit him with an Osoto Gari.

Why the fuck would you care about kicking an attacking pit bull? It would have been a better result for the world if you'd killed it (not that that would have been easy or maybe even feasible.)

Based on your user name, I'm kind of surprised you didn't try to hit him with an Osoto Gari.

No gi...my technique was useless!

Why the fuck would you care about kicking an attacking pit bull? It would have been a better result for the world if you'd killed it (not that that would have been easy or maybe even feasible.)

Yeah, you're right. My girlfriend is actually kind of scared to walk her dog now. That was really just around the block from her house and he's still out there. I definitely don't want her running into that alone.

Yeah, you're right. My girlfriend is actually kind of scared to walk her dog now. That was really just around the block from her house and he's still out there. I definitely don't want her running into that alone.

Call animal control and maybe they can track the thing down.

If the RNC is really Mata Leo and was used to kill lions, then I'm sure you could RNC a D-level random pit.

Karate? Seems like a standing pitbull's ribs would be right around where a normal thai leg kick is placed. If you put any decent power into that kick, I wouldn't be surprised if you broke it's ribs

They say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing but expecting different results.

Hopefully, you carry a little dog-sized gi around with you on walks from now on.

Call animal control and maybe they can track the thing down.

Think we are going to do this.

Karate? Seems like a standing pitbull's ribs would be right around where a normal thai leg kick is placed. If you put any decent power into that kick, I wouldn't be surprised if you broke it's ribs

Honestly, you're 100% right. I just thought it sounded cooler to say karate, and I did use to do it. But I also did Krav maga, where it was basically kickboxing at the place I trained at. It was all shin on rib.

They say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing but expecting different results.

Hopefully, you carry a little dog-sized gi around with you on walks from now on.

And of course, this.

Yeah. You need to call animal control. An aggressive dog has no place loose in the streets. Even if it's just animal aggressive it is going to hurt someone.

did you really have to yell while you kicked lol

but gj bro

Justice won't be served until you kick the little dog for wizzin on your bae

My girlfriend got a couple scratches from the dog and got peed on, but nobody got hurt otherwise. The whole thing was pretty surreal. If that dog actually tried to attack us, we'd both be in the hospital or worse. Plus I don't feel all that great about kicking a dog.

Sorry about tricking you all into reading this...

Mate, find the owner of that pitbull and burn his fucking house down, make sure he is sleeping in there too. I've had that shit happen to me with a german shepard, how people can let their killing machines loose in public is just disgusting.

Good story. I know it's not a pleasent feeling, kicking a dog, but you did the right thing in protecting your pack.

Did you get some sweet loving and admiration from the gf?

Roundhouse kick taking out a game pit??

Werk

when dogs attack me i usually soccer kick them or teep their faces

Back