Had to stop a dog fight last night.

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Vader Orlag, May 24, 2014.

1. Vader Orlag

Vader Orlag White Belt

Last night I was sitting in my apartment watching TV and I heard a bunch of screaming outside. I go outside to see why people are acting dumb only to find a pit bull with a chihuahua in its mouth. The fat hillbilly who owned the pit bull as well as a child and dad from the smaller dogs home chasing them.

The pit bull was obviously tearing into the chihuahua pretty bad. I decided to help and ran the 30 or so feet to the dogs. I grabbed the pit bull by the rear legs and pulled it between my legs. The dog still would not let go so I pinned it down. The owner of the chihuahua was pulling on it while it was in the pit bulls mouth which was a terrible idea. Eventually after I plugged the pitbulls nose it let go. This took about a minute and a half from the time I grabbed the dog.

I don't know if anyone else has ever encountered this. The chihuahua was pretty messed up, it may have been killed. It had a number of puncture marks and was screaming like Hillary Clinton at an attempt at anal. Anybody have similar experience?

Cliffs:
    Pitbull attacked chihuahua

I tried to help break it up and touched putbull with teh jab

chihuahua probably died.

2. Pliny Pete

Pliny Pete Puts Butts In Seats

Best way to get a dog to unclench its jaws is to stick a piece of wood in its mouth and use it to twist the digs head sideways
    For future reference

3. DoomAndDarkness**

DoomAndDarkness** Banned Banned

In before pics like this..

[​IMG]

Pitbulls should be banned straight up. The risk isn't worth the reward of having them in our society.

4. Vader Orlag

Vader Orlag White Belt

Thanks, I am aware of break sticks. I've never had to use one though and did not have the resources last night. Solid advice

5. bootsy

bootsy and elsewhere

I was walking a friend's Staffordshire Terrier at a local dog park and because he's a controlled breed, he had to have a muzzle on. A huge unneutered Doberman ran up to us and latched onto his face. I went to grab the Dobe by the scruff of the neck, but his owner beat me to it. Nizmo (the Staffy) was bleeding, but not badly. Buddy with the dobe was shitting bricks because one call and his dog would be put down (which I'd never do). Never saw them at the park again and they were regulars.

Nismo is the Paul Harris of dogs...

[​IMG]

6. HunterIII

HunterIII Brown Belt

That cat woulda had him running with his tails between his legs.

7. HunterIII

HunterIII Brown Belt

You couldn't have just let them bang bro?

8. Vader Orlag

Vader Orlag White Belt

haha, I could have! I felt real bad for the kid that owned the chihuahua though.

9. Iroh

Iroh The Dragon of the West Platinum Member

Some explosive athlete on explosive athlete crime, dawg?

10. Vader Orlag

Vader Orlag White Belt

As dumb as it sounds I think there should be a special license or permit needed. They can be really good dogs. But they need to be with people who are aware of their needs and the need of safety to other animals and the public. I believe its an owner issue.

11. Pliny Pete

Pliny Pete Puts Butts In Seats

thats a beautiful dog

12. Iroh

Iroh The Dragon of the West Platinum Member

Completely agree. I've known several pitts and none of them were aggresive, because they were raised properly.

13. Vader Orlag

Vader Orlag White Belt

You have to assume that there could be a trigger that sets a pitbull off on another dog though. They have always been bred for animal aggression. This comes from the days of bull baiting and pit fights. You can certainly socialize them and they will be fine. However you need to be prepared financially and mentally to take responsibility should the dog attack another animal.

14. A Bird

A Bird Green Belt

You should have felt bad for him owning a chihuahua in the first place. Talk about a breed with no redeeming qualities.

How would you describe your heart rate directly following said event?

15. Matt4786

Matt4786 Gold Belt

Based on personal experience, I bet the chihuahua started the fight and then later realized how fucked it was. My dog has been bitten by chihuahuas more times than I can count.

16. PolishHeadlock

PolishHeadlock Putin Belt Platinum Member

Oh shut the fuck up

17. Vader Orlag

Vader Orlag White Belt

Right?! The chihuahua was likely instigating a problem with the dog and did not get away in time. This does not excuse the owner of the pit bull though. My heart rate was about the same as my heart rate after a solid sparring session. I work with dogs a good bit and that played into my decision to help.

18. Casrot

Casrot Purple Belt

[​IMG]

19. BoogerDawson

BoogerDawson Red Belt

Did you name him after the high performance division of Nissan?

20. Matt4786

Matt4786 Gold Belt

As an owner of a bully (Am. Bulldog x Boxer), I honestly would be fine with special licensing. Firstly, I know I would get it because I am absolutely in control of my dog. Secondly, there are a lot of owners who can't control their dogs. Just yesterday, I was walking my dog, and this lady was walking by tgat couldn't control her pit, mentally or physically. She lost control of the leash, it sprinted straight for my dog, and I intercepted it. Fortunately, the dog was super friendly (albeit completely untrained), but that sort of shit is unacceptable. That lady should've had a pomeranian.