had to cut

korleone1911

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Man... first time ever having to cut and this SUCKS! I cut about 10 lbs in a week (I didn't realize what the weight classes were). I weighed myself this morning and I was still 231, but I weighed in my clothes and I'm gonna have on nothing but compression shorts for the weigh in. The weigh in is tonight and I am STARVING! Is there anything I could maybe eat that won't hurt me dehydrating the water weight or any other weight period, just to hold me over? All I can think of is food and I'm in my office at lunch time and I smell all this deliciousness going on around me lol. Thanks!

hmmm... thought about it and maybe this should have been posted in the nutrition section

I remember my first cut, it was horrible, I would recommend staying closer to your weight after this is over.

Food and shit have mass, so it's going to affect your weight no matter what.

Sorry bud, tough it out. Or do it weeks in advance! :)

Swish some water around maybe, but spit it out.

I have never cut weight before but I have been starving at work. I don't know if this would effect your cut but I usually I will eat sunflower seeds or chew gum to make that hunger sensation go away and it usually works.

you held out all week and are gonna break in the last stretch of your cut? just tough it out and have something after weigh-ins :icon_chee

What's the target weight? (And your walkaround-weight is about 240?)

What's the target weight? (And your walkaround-weight is about 240?)

My guess is he is trying to get to 225.
It's doable, but you are going to feel terrible.
Sweat, Shit and do not eat or drink.
You could try some diuretics or a laxative, but that won't be very pleasant either. If you stop sweating or peeing, quit your cut and start drinking fluid. No comp is worth a hospital trip.
Good luck, but I wouldn't try to cut so much so fast next time.

you went from 241 to 231 in a week and you are crying? That is a low % of your total body weight. Seriously dude.

Kool! Just weighed in! Target weight was 230. I weighed in at 226. I feel CRAZY! Its all good. Time to hydrate and rest! Thank u guys!

Back