Had their number...

No need to be facetious, the only fights we know he legitimately won are his last 4 wins.
hvgwzdhouoxnpqbehmr4.jpg

That did come off a little facetious but it wasn't actually directed in that way. It's kind of how I actually I feel (tongue-n-cheek) because I do like Cotto a lot more.

Did Holyfield beat Tyson because Tyson was past it, or did Holyfield just have Tyson's number stylistically?
Holyfield would have been a tough fight for anyone when he was on. Not a big puncher but great chin, solid fundamentals, fast hands, huge heart, stronger than most of his opponents even though he was lighter. I could see tyson winning a close decision at his best, when he was at his best he didn't tire like he did when he was not ready. You never saw him huffing after his big wins like you saw him huffing with Douglas and Holyfield, he was prepared. Poor Mike got overconfident twice, kinda like Hearns who put himself together after the leonard fight and thought he'd walk right through hagler. Mike was in horrible shape for the douglas fight and it was obvious he hadn't prepared for Holyfield. At his best it's a tough close fight, a competitive war most likely not ending with a kayo. I don't think Holy had his number, he always fought like that when he was motivated and then he'd start looking bad again. Right after he won the title he started having battles with the likes of Smokin' Bert Cooper before losing to Bowe, after beating Bowe he loses to a horrible looking Moorer, was written off, told to retire, came back to beat tyson and moorer even arguably beat that one guy for the title and might have been a good fight for Klitschko at the age of 48.

did anyone mention toney/griffin, griffin wasn't a great fighter but he beat toney twice was it?

Back