Had the most surreal experience at class today!!!

Ybot

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
10 years ago the only places to train in my whole home town were run by blue belts. My first day I got my ass handed to me by a much smaller blue belt instructor. I thought at the time he was amazing. I could barely imagine at the time what a purple belt was like, let alone a brown. And black belts??? They seemed nearly god like to me!

So, today after we finished training and we lined up, Cassio retrieved a white plastic bag and brought it out. He proceeded to promote two of my team mates to blue, and one to purple. Then he called me up! It was the weirdest feeling in the world... I was shaking. I had every intention of getting my black belt one day, but it still seems crazy! I had reason to believe that my time was coming, yet it was still a shock!

Today I received my black belt from Cassio Werneck!!! I couldn't be more proud! Thanks to all my friends, family, and training partners! I wouldn't have made it without you!

Nova Faixa Preta!!!!

Wow congrats man ! I hope to make it one day too, I guess we all do. so big props for actually doing it.

Congratulations.

Crazy how things can change in 10 years

Huge congratulations man! I guess your BJJ journey is just beginning now huh?

Wow dude, congratulations. Enjoy your new belt.

Huge milestone, my sincerest congratulations.

:p
Sounds like you really wasn't expecting that, huh? Congratulations for the huge achievement! Meus parab

Congrats man, I can't wait to be there one day!!

Good job bro. Do you have any plans to teach or open your own academy somewhere?

Awesome! Nice to see a change of pace from all the trolling.

Big congrats man

Congratulations!

Curious..."Are you a white belt that never quit?" I am interested in how you got to where you are.

Injuries? Life getting in the way? Did you ever think about quitting?

Like you, I was amazed at the talent level for blue belt when I was a white belt. Now it seems that the brown belt is the "new blue belt". Eventually, the black belt will be the only one that matters.

Again, congrats. I know the dedication and sacrifice it took for that achievement!

Back