Had LASEK

My eyes are pretty bad.

I thought the thread title was "had LA sex".

Leaving disappointed.

i heared lasik is a scam. after a couple of years, you have to keep correcting the procedure overtime.

I wear reading glasses but my eyesight is deteriorating slowly. I'm considering it but it sounds scary. Don't know if I could stare at one thing for ten minutes like you say you have to.

Would like to do this. I'm currently at -5.00 and -5.25 with astigmatism. I've heard good results

Also, does it help with the floaties in you eyes?

What do you mean by floaties?

Don't get hit too much either.

I just discovered that I have trauma-induced cataracts in both eyes & that I have to have the first of two surgeries to correct the issue next week. The doctor told me that he's rarely seen eyes as bad off as mine in someone my age. He said they look like the eyes of someone in their mid-70s.

But he said that I'll be good as new when they do the surgeries & insert the artificial lenses.

So they insert lenses into your eye balls? I've heard about this surgery and it sounds so disconcerting. I hope you won't constantly feel the lenses like you do with contacts.

i heared lasik is a scam. after a couple of years, you have to keep correcting the procedure overtime.

Once again, I had lasek, not lasik. Lasik isn't actually done as much any more as there are more effective procedures. My cousin who had lasek like me in this 20s is still fine and he's 40 now. However, he does say it doesn't help with deteriorating eye sight due to age as that has to do with your nerves not your cornea.

I wear reading glasses but my eyesight is deteriorating slowly. I'm considering it but it sounds scary. Don't know if I could stare at one thing for ten minutes like you say you have to.

It is scary but they give you a light to look at. Just stare at that the whole time and you'll be fine.

What do you mean by floaties?

So they insert lenses into your eye balls? I've heard about this surgery and it sounds so disconcerting. I hope you won't constantly feel the lenses like you do with contacts.

Once again, I had lasek, not lasik. Lasik isn't actually done as much any more as there are more effective procedures. My cousin who had lasek like me in this 20s is still fine and he's 40 now. However, he does say it doesn't help with deteriorating eye sight due to age as that has to do with your nerves not your cornea.

It is scary but they give you a light to look at. Just stare at that the whole time and you'll be fine.
Do they do one eye per procedure or both at once?

No, they assured me that the lenses will feel no different than my natural ones. So, I'll be good.

Do they do one eye per procedure or both at once?

Well they did both eyes during the procedure but the device could only shoot one laser at a time so it wasn't both eyes at the same time if that's what you mean.
I also opted for a special procedure where they poured riboflavin on my eye balls to reinforce the cornea for faster healing and longevity. The whole thing took maybe 10 minutes.

Well they did both eyes during the procedure but the device could only shoot one laser at a time so it wasn't both eyes at the same time if that's what you mean.
I also opted for a special procedure where they poured riboflavin on my eye balls to reinforce the cornea for faster healing and longevity. The whole thing took maybe 10 minutes.
I'd heard that they do only one eye at a time giving you time to recover, then doing the second eye. Guess I was wrong. Thanks for the info!

I'll get it done when Bill Gates decides to do it. There's must be a reason he hasn't done it.

Back