Had frank shamrock defeated nick diaz

Megatronlee

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
would shamrock vs cyborg and Daley have been exciting?

Would you have watched a frank vs gsp fight and how big could ufc have made it if he in fact could have kept the belt until the ufc deal had occurred?

Frank shamrock kickboxing was amazing and never lost in UFC!

Frank shamrock vs vitor was the super fight that never happened.

Well he was pretty past his prime no offense... If he somehow made it past Diaz idk aboit the gauntlet of next opponents. Daley would've sent him to the cemetary. Not everyone can be Baroni

As for a GSP fight... Him and Dana have baaaaaad blood. I don't think it would've mattered who he beat in Strikeforce, his ufc days are long gone and you can start with the politics on that one

would shamrock vs cyborg and Daley have been exciting?

Would you have watched a frank vs gsp fight and how big could ufc have made it if he in fact could have kept the belt until the ufc deal had occurred?
He would have been summarily dissmissed

That victory for Nick is seared into my brain so bad it's hard for me to even contemplate that fight going down any other way than it did

Well he was pretty past his prime no offense... If he somehow made it past Diaz idk aboit the gauntlet of next opponents. Daley would've sent him to the cemetary. Not everyone can be Baroni
Of course if he was better than Diaz (per MMA math) he would have cleaned Daley's clock.

The Tito Frank fight always amazed me - Frank going over and giving it to Tito's corner was a great finish.

Frank was almost legit. He was very keen on himself and crafty, which allowed for some unexpected performances, and I really dig the question. If Frank wins that fight, his career ends in a different place and time. Maybe he gets his braces disintegrated by Daley or maybe he subs him. I think more than anything losing to Frank would have drastically sank Nick's stock. Nick being Nick might have even set himself on a totally different retirement timeline because of it. Maybe he gets a rematch and Frank gets paid. Either way, we know what Frank thinks. He'll just have to tie that dog up and leave it behind at the airport. Metaphorically, so to speak.

That victory for Nick is seared into my brain so bad it's hard for me to even contemplate that fight going down any other way than it did
Outside of a freak occurrence it was only going to go that way.

I don’t know how Frank would have done with that belt. I do know he was never going to be back in the ufc, because neither party would have agreed to it. And also, GSP would have smashed him to answer the last question

Cung Le messed his arm up and he said it wasnt the same after. Would have liked it to be a younger Frank

Frank was and is a legend. Time caught up to him and the new breed took over.

Cung Le messed his arm up and he said it wasnt the same after. Would have liked it to be a younger Frank
He said he was done 'mentally', that he no longer had the 'discipline' to follow a gameplan.

My favorite Frank Shamrock moment...
frank-shamrock_phil-baroni_a.gif

images

I always appreciated how strong Frank was in this slam against Igor. The way his right foot slides back and then he freakishly powers out that body slam/takedown. Insane.

Edit: another GIF
giphy.gif

He payed a heavy price for trying beat Cung at stand up. You don’t heal properly from that in your late 30’s. I think knew it but wanted a last big pay day against Nick.
Against Daley who know. Frank could cedtainly take a hit.

images

I always appreciated how strong Frank was in this slam against Igor. The way his right foot slides back and then he freakishly powers out that body slam/takedown. Insane.

Edit: another GIF
giphy.gif
Frank at his peak was something else.

Listen Frank vs Saku 2001 would have been the fight of the century

Outside of a freak occurrence it was only going to go that way.

I don’t know how Frank would have done with that belt. I do know he was never going to be back in the ufc, because neither party would have agreed to it. And also, GSP would have smashed him to answer the last question
smashed = 50-45 ud?

Back