Social Had Colonoscopy, Waited 2 Weeks for Results

Much appreciated! Can't drink too much though & damage the liver. ;)

<JackieThumbsUp>

Thank you! I've been so happy, smiling big the last few days. Making some chili, drinking cold beer, and hanging out with the family. Good times.
Badassery, you enjoy yourself. You've been through the mill, you deserve it.

@xHeadx

What were your symptoms that led you to being checkdd other than your father?

Glad your last update is a positive one.

Man, this was a long time coming...After 13 rounds of chemo, MRIs, CTs, colonoscopy, 2 surgeries & numerous blood draws, my oncologist notified me that there is currently no evidence of disease. At the moment they cannot detect the cancer in my body. I'll be celebrating all weekend!

<GinJuice>

For the next 3 years I'll be meeting with various doctors for different check-ups at 3-month & 6-month intervals. Then every year for the next 2 years. I can finally get my port removed, just have to schedule. Still dealing with neuropathy in my finger tips & toes but I'm told this will eventually get better. But, fuck it, I'm still living!

Thank you guys for all of your support!

{<redford}
This is amazing. Congrats man. Love a success story.

@xHeadx

What were your symptoms that led you to being checkdd other than your father?

Glad your last update is a positive one.

Thanks! I didn't have any symptoms. My primary physician pushed for it 2 years ago but the pandemic hit so I waited a year. Then the recommendation dropped to 45 for my risk group so I went in. Best life decision I've made.

I did a genetics test too. I have genetic markers for pancreatic cancer & melanoma but not colon. So either the test is lacking or me & dad got it independently.

This is amazing. Congrats man. Love a success story.

Thanks man!! It feels great to be a part it.

Wow, glad to hear you are getting better! That was a stressful read, so i can only imagine how you feel. Hoping for the best for you, Sherbro.

@xHeadx So glad to hear you’re cancer free. I’m going through a situation with a close family member whose prognosis unfortunately isn’t so good. “Hug your loved ones” is as good as advice can get. Congrats on your success in this battle, I wish the best for you and your loved ones! Enjoy life :)

Get better homie. I started giggling when I saw mass in my ass then I got sad when I saw cancer.

I had a colonoscopy 2 weeks ago as a precaution. My dad died of colon & liver cancer 4 years ago (RIP). Turns out I had a "small mass" in my intestine (yes, a mass in my ass). The doc took a sample to test for cancer as she didn't like the "look".

After 2 of the longest fucking weeks of my life, including the weekends, they called me with results today. It turns out that I don't have cancer but precancerous cells. I still have to have surgery to remove about 3" of intestine but there's NO CANCER.

I never thought I'd be fucking happy to have surgery. It'll be robotic so the recovery should go well. Some of my close family knows but I haven't even told my friends. I had to tell someone as it was a stressful couple of weeks. Get yourself checked out Sherbros if you're at risk.

I'm partying my ass off tonight. #FuckCancer

<JonesDXSuckIt>

TLDR: Had colonoscopy, no cancer, surgery for precancerous cells.

EDIT: Motherfucker, it's cancer

I had a CT of my abdomen yesterday & met with the surgeon today. The good news is the mass is isolated to the colon & there is no spread.

Surgery is scheduled for a few weeks out to remove a fucked up portion. Going to be a robotic assisted surgery by orthoscope. 2-3 days in hospital & then home after. Hoping for the best!

Today is 4 years since my dad's passing. It's a bitter sweet time at the moment. I miss you pops. RIP.

Also, another part of the story I haven't told is that I lost a sister 4 days before my dad passed. It was one of the worst periods of my life. My dad was already in hospice when it happened. I miss my sister too. RIP.

Hug your love ones.

Tomorrow is the big day, surgery. Prepping today. Took time off Internets. I'm focused on getting better & ready as I can be.

Well, turns out, I have fucking cancer. Stage 3. Doing 2nd treatment through a port implant as I type...Will add details to new post.

Started 5th round of treatment. Life is good. Experiencing some mild side effects. My support team is awesome

Started my 9th round of treatment out of 12. I'm 3/4s done! Feeling good & strong despite the mild side effects. Support is great!

Doing 11th treatment today. Feeling good. Almost done. Took a genetics test. Cancer not genetic.

Last round of chemo!

Had my post check-up with my oncologist. The cancer cannot be detected & NED!

What age do they want people to check for cancer?

Man, this was a long time coming...After 13 rounds of chemo, MRIs, CTs, colonoscopy, 2 surgeries & numerous blood draws, my oncologist notified me that there is currently no evidence of disease. At the moment they cannot detect the cancer in my body. I'll be celebrating all weekend!

<GinJuice>

For the next 3 years I'll be meeting with various doctors for different check-ups at 3-month & 6-month intervals. Then every year for the next 2 years. I can finally get my port removed, just have to schedule. Still dealing with neuropathy in my finger tips & toes but I'm told this will eventually get better. But, fuck it, I'm still living!

{<redford}
Awesome news.

<GinJuice>

{<redford}
That's wonderful man!!!! Congratulations on the great news!!!!
Stay strong sherbro

Wow, glad to hear you are getting better! That was a stressful read, so i can only imagine how you feel. Hoping for the best for you, Sherbro.

Congrats on not having ass cancer, bud. Happy for you

<JackieThumbsUp>

Get better homie. I started giggling when I saw mass in my ass then I got sad when I saw cancer.

Congrats on your most recent update!!!!!!!!!! that was awesome to read.

Awesome news.

That's wonderful man!!!! Congratulations on the great news!!!!
Stay strong sherbro

Thanks everyone! I feel spectacular & went a little overboard last night. Going back at it today!

@xHeadx So glad to hear you’re cancer free. I’m going through a situation with a close family member whose prognosis unfortunately isn’t so good. “Hug your loved ones” is as good as advice can get. Congrats on your success in this battle, I wish the best for you and your loved ones! Enjoy life :)

@BFoe Thanks man! Sorry to hear about your family member. My heart is heavy for those losing or that have lost their battle. Wishing the best!

What age do they want people to check for cancer?

Last year the age was lowered from 50 to 45 for the first check-up, lower if your family has history. Not sure where I'd be if I had waited. The test itself is easy, the prep is the worst though.

Check out my new shirt that my SIL got for me.

20220319_150140.jpg
<PlusJuan>
<[analyzed}>
<Dany07>

My journey started in June 2021 when I received my colon cancer, stage III, diagnosis. My world was completely turned upside down. There were no symptoms, just family history, so I went in for a routine checkup. In June, I had about 10 inches of my intestine removed, and by mid-July I had my port installed. I started my 13 rounds of chemo in August.

Well, almost a year later my oncologist could no longer detect the cancer. That was checked through an MRI, CT & blood work. Last week, I had a second colonoscopy & an endoscopy to directly check for an signs of cancer. I just received my lab results.

I'm fucking ecstatic. I'm thankful to report the doctors found no evidence of cancer! I have some inflammation in my lower esophagus from acid reflux. I have to take some meds and get checked in another year. Next colonoscopy is 3 years from now.

I'm going to enjoy a couple of beers tonight & hug my wife & son. Get your routine check-ups & don't wait. Early prevention may have saved my life!

I'm glad to hear that. Gotta keep up on it, do your annual checks

My journey started in June 2021 when I received my colon cancer, stage III, diagnosis. My world was completely turned upside down. There were no symptoms, just family history, so I went in for a routine checkup. In June, I had about 10 inches of my intestine removed, and by mid-July I had my port installed. I started my 13 rounds of chemo in August.

Well, almost a year later my oncologist could no longer detect the cancer. That was checked through an MRI, CT & blood work. Last week, I had a second colonoscopy & an endoscopy to directly check for an signs of cancer. I just received my lab results.

I'm fucking ecstatic. I'm thankful to report the doctors found no evidence of cancer! I have some inflammation in my lower esophagus from acid reflux. I have to take some meds and get checked in another year. Next colonoscopy is 3 years from now.

I'm going to enjoy a couple of beers tonight & hug my wife & son. Get your routine check-ups & don't wait. Early prevention may have saved my life!
Fantastic news just in time for the weekend! I'm dead chuffed for you. And yes, can't stress enough to get checked. Cancer is a silent killer in many cases and you don't know you have it till it's too late.

That's really made my day.

I'm glad to hear that. Gotta keep up on it, do your annual checks

Thank you!

Fantastic news just in time for the weekend! I'm dead chuffed for you. And yes, can't stress enough to get checked. Cancer is a silent killer in many cases and you don't know you have it till it's too late.

That's really made my day.

Thanks, my friend. It truly is a silent killer. Imagine if I had waited until I was 50 instead of 44. More than likely I would be dead. The crazy part is, I only told family & close friends. A lot of my circle has no idea. This thread was very therapeutic. People like yourself help me make it through.

Last edited:

Awesome man!!!

Back