Had Cody received the Conor treatment...

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Do you think he would still complain and would try to stand up for obscure fighters as a way of exercising his principle.

Or would he be praising the ufc knowing that he is in a minor list of fighters being treated well?

The latter. Utterly irrelevant, however. I don't even want to know why you think this matters.

Who cares? It's fucking Cody McKenzie we're talking about, right? Let him drift away into obscurity already. ROFL who gives a fuck what Cody thinks about the UFC or MMA?!?! Seriously, are there people out there just waiting to hear more from this guy or something?

Nobody gave a shit about him on TUF or when he was in the UFC... then he talks shit about the UFC after being cut and suddenly the guy has fans. Faux fans who really just hate the UFC. Even they don't really give a fuck about Cody, they just use him as an excuse to pile on.

The latter. Utterly irrelevant, however. I don't even want to know why you think this matters.

Well he keeps his name out there by calling out Dana White/UFC. So him being connected to the ufc makes his opinions and presence worthy.

Also, he is a close friend/training partner of Ronda.

"If you want to eat in the UFC, you have to bring something to the table"
-Conor McGregor.

Cody would have had to have fought like Conor and have a personality like Conor to receive the same treatment. The same can be said about a lot of fighters in Conor's division...not just Cody. Cody McK chose his current route and going out bashing like he is seems counter-productive.

If Cody had Conor's talent, he would still be in the UFC. He would have too much incentive to keep his mouth closed.

Conor says it better than anyone else can. "These guys complain yet they bring nothing to the table...so why should they eat? I bring something to the table AND I eat!"

He's not wrong. He understands that to be rich in this game you have to not only back it up but you've got to be different. Cody Mckenzie is more famous for that dumbass gif and eating his ice cream cone alone waiting for Rogan than anything he has ever done in cage. Guy is living in his own dream world.

Cody McKenzie got treated very well if you think about it. His second fight in the UFC was against Yves Edwards, a fucking legend, uncrowned lightweight champ. That's a huge opportunity for a guy coming off a reality TV show. Got a chance to fight #2 in the division Chad Mendes, haymaker combine Leonard Garcia, and veteran Sam Stout. That's a great lineup of guys to make your name off of, and if your goal is to be best in the world, or even find out where you stack up... getting opportunities like that is how you do it.

Conor is talking his way into the limelight. Cody isn't that guy. He's the guy who'll tell you he wants to fight his way there, and in that scenario he was given more opportunity than Conor and did less with it, because when they gave him big names he more often came up short in comical fashion. Cody wasn't a talker until he retired.

If he had received the Conor treatment Dustin would have knocked his head clean off.

If he had received the Conor treatment Dustin would have knocked his head clean off.

??? Chad is a harder fight.

Aside from that, promotion was never cody's problem. Getting rekt was his problem.

Conor says it better than anyone else can. "These guys complain yet they bring nothing to the table...so why should they eat? I bring something to the table AND I eat!"

He's not wrong. He understands that to be rich in this game you have to not only back it up but you've got to be different. Cody Mckenzie is more famous for that dumbass gif and eating his ice cream cone alone waiting for Rogan than anything he has ever done in cage. Guy is living in his own dream world.

It's one thing to be rich, and another to be able to afford a living. If Cody McKenzie says fishing pays more than being in the UFC then few people will practice the sport. You need a whole lot of journeymen, sparring partners and tomato cans to grow it to the level of, say, boxing.

Back