GYM RESCUE premieres Aug. 10 on Spike TV @ 9 PM!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!! HUZZAH!!!!!!

Shouldn't they have chosen guys that are actually good at running successful gyms? OR guys that are entertaining in front of a camera? Frank and Randy fit neither of these categories.

Not sure if they have to because of contracts or what. I would think two MMA guys (and pretty boring ones at that) wouldn't resonate with most of the gym going public that doesn't know anything about MMA or train to fight. Maybe a fitness guru or a successful gym franchise owner would have worked better. Hell, I think even someone like Diamond Dallas Page would work better and I don't think he even owns a gym or uses regular gym equipment.

Randy dun goofed by signing with Bellator. After this show flops like FightMaster he's screwed. Might be time for Captain America to go crawling back to Uncle Dana.

They might still take him back (again) after all of this. UFC produces a lots and lots of content these days. I have heard Randy is a dick a lot but he represents and carries himself well on television and is one of the few viable MMA legends that won't seem kooky or strange or psycho to your average sports fan.

Last edited:
Spike is hurting for programming.

I think they are looking to throw Randy C. into whatever they can and hope something catches. He left the UFC for Spike they must have offered him something worthwhile for that.

I'd rather they make Fight Quest season 3. But I guess "bros" don't wanna watch that.

"Bros" were the only ones who watched Fight Quest. Let's not pretend it was some high brow programming, fella.

so basically frank and randy go beat up on some bad trainers and laugh at them?

"Bros" were the only ones who watched Fight Quest. Let's not pretend it was some high brow programming, fella.

Bros watched Human Weapon. Us, high brow southern gentlemen, watched Fight Quest while slowly sippin some moonshine and eatin some gator.

"In the first episode, Randy and Frank head over to Reno to tackle the multitudinous problems that exist at Ken Shamrock's Lion's Den."

In the second episode, Frank and Randy try to breathe life into the failing Xtreme Couture chain. Tune in next week, on Gym Rescuuuuuuueeeeeeee.

Isn't Extreme Couture falling apart though? Basically everyone that used to train there is now somewhere else. Basically the only people still affiliated with them are like Sefo and I think Evan Dunham. Maynard left, Griffin left, Chandler left, and so did Kampmann. How is Randy supposed to tell others how to run their gym?

Isn't Extreme Couture falling apart though? Basically everyone that used to train there is now somewhere else. Basically the only people still affiliated with them are like Sefo and I think Evan Dunham. Maynard left, Griffin left, Chandler left, and so did Kampmann. How is Randy supposed to tell others how to run their gym?
Yeah Extreme Couture fell apart (there was no structure to the gym and egos where high). Teammates wouldn't pair up with each other if they thought the other guy was superior and Jay Hieron/Mike Pyle would purposely beat the shit out of newbies just for the hell of it. Everyone picked on Gray Maynard when he started but once his boxing got on par nobody would pair up with him (what a joke). Multiple members have said that it was basically a bunch of children beating the crap out of each other everyday (no structure and large egos)

Not only did Extreme Couture Vegas fall apart but two other locations (NY/FL) went out of business last year.

Frank Shamrocks gym removed his named from the title and now its basically a mcdojo...... (why are these two business cans doing a show about rescuing a gym ?).

Are they going to save there gyms on the first episode ? :icon_surp

Last edited:
That's perhaps your reason for disliking the show and not necessarily the reason why the show failed. Too many Zuffa casuals unaware the show even aired is more likely the reason.

Personally I liked the show. A change from the "same old shit every season" TUF.

Totally agree with you. Two fights per episode and less manufactured drama. I guess people really like the filler on TUF.

Much more interesting than the next "Whatever" Rescue is going to be.

Totally agree with you. Two fights per episode and less manufactured drama. I guess people really like the filler on TUF.

Fight Master was atrocious. The fighters just weren't that good.

I get not wanting to watch TUF... I DVR it and fast forward through most of the house BS. I did the same thing for the first 2 episodes of Fight Master. Couldn't bring myself to watch it past that.

I think they are looking to throw Randy C. into whatever they can and hope something catches. He left the UFC for Spike they must have offered him something worthwhile for that.

Given Randy's shit personality I kinda doubt anything catches.

Only three episodes? I'm assuming this is just something being done for the sake of fulfilling someone's contract.

They had to make up for the month of episodes that were nothing but qualifying matches.

Randy dun goofed by signing with Bellator. After this show flops like FightMaster he's screwed. Might be time for Captain America to go crawling back to Uncle Dana.
Don't count him out yet. There's still the possibility of a Scorpion King tv series.

The set up for Fight Master was pretty cool.

But Joe fucking Riggs came out the victor against Mike B.

How sad were the producers when that happened? Sad enough to think that Shamrock and Couture fixing Yoga Studios might be a better alternative.

Three episodes? Did they stop mid production and are just gonna air what they have? I like these types of shows so I will be tuning in. It's a better idea than Car Lot Rescue, a a business rescue show that took place at a type of buisness people rarely (sometimes never) go to.

SHUT IT ALL DOWN THIS PLACE IS FILTHY

file.php

No, they initially signed a 3 episode pilot run and will re-evaluate the show's future once it airs

I heard a while back that Spike wanted to begin a show featuring Randy Couture where he goes across the U.S. looking for struggling, failing gyms. I figured that since I hadn't heard anything about it for quite sometime, that it was either all rumor or production was put to a stop.

It sounds like something that won't last more than a season but I'll still watch.

It would be cool if they brought back Fightmaster. It's a shame too few gave a shit about it. It was better than TUF, IMO.

I was excited for it, and it had potential, but FM was a million times worse than TUF. It was terrible, seriously awful.

They should ask me and I would have given them a winning format.

Back