GYM RESCUE premieres Aug. 10 on Spike TV @ 9 PM!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!! HUZZAH!!!!!!

PIT FIGHTER

YAMMA Pit Fighter
@Silver
Reaction score
method=get&rs=66&q=75&x=7&y=78&w=310&h=165&ro=0&s=randy-couture-frank-shamrock.jpg

The "dynamic duo" of Randy Couture and Frank Shamrock will use their expertise to tackle problem gyms ranging from traditional gyms to military-style boot-camps to yoga studios.

The three episode series was shot on-location in both Florida and Colorado. Randy "Handy" Couture himself also is credited as one of the show's producers.

https://twitter.com/Jason_Floyd
https://twitter.com/lorettahuntmma

Do they each still have their own gyms?

I heard a while back that Spike wanted to begin a show featuring Randy Couture where he goes across the U.S. looking for struggling, failing gyms. I figured that since I hadn't heard anything about it for quite sometime, that it was either all rumor or production was put to a stop.

It sounds like something that won't last more than a season but I'll still watch.

It would be cool if they brought back Fightmaster. It's a shame too few gave a shit about it. It was better than TUF, IMO.

Three episodes? Did they stop mid production and are just gonna air what they have? I like these types of shows so I will be tuning in. It's a better idea than Car Lot Rescue, a a business rescue show that took place at a type of buisness people rarely (sometimes never) go to.

SHUT IT ALL DOWN THIS PLACE IS FILTHY

file.php

Last edited:
Only 3 episodes? Also surprised its on Aug 10th, would think putting after TNA on Thurs like all the other Bellator shoulder programming would be smarter and get them more viewers with the lead in.

Or hold off and debut it on Fridays at 11pm after Bellator events. When are more fans gonna watch? Sundays or after TNA or Bellator?

It would be cool if they brought back Fightmaster. It's a shame too few gave a shit about it. It was better than TUF, IMO.

Fightmaster was brutal. Poor talent and some of the most annoying ppl in MMA in Frank Shamrock, Joe Warren and Greg Jackson.

Never seen that "Bar Rescue" show, but every time I see the commercial and that middle-aged fuck is screaming like a meshugenner, I want to punch him right in his suckhole very, very hard.

If I don't forget, I'll watch this stupid gym rescue show, though.

I heard a while back that Spike wanted to begin a show featuring Randy Couture where he goes across the U.S. looking for struggling, failing gyms. I figured that since I hadn't heard anything about it for quite sometime, that it was either all rumor or production was put to a stop.

It sounds like something that won't last more than a season but I'll still watch.

Fightmaster was one of the worst shows ever put on television. It aint coming back... thank god. No one gave a shit about it because the talent level on the show was borderline terrible. A show like that is supposed to produce a prospect or two. Fightmaster brought us Mike Bronzoulis and Joe Riggs FFS.

Never seen that "Bar Rescue" show, but every time I see the commercial and that middle-aged fuck is screaming like a meshugenner, I want to punch him right in his suckhole very, very hard.

If I don't forget, I'll watch this stupid gym rescue show, though.

You bite your tongue sir, Jon Taffer is a legend.

They should have Taffer go to Bellator and TNA Impact and have him try to improve them like he would a bar. I hear if you add food service to your promotion people are inclined to stay 54 minutes longer.

Complete garbage. I can't believe these types of shows are popular.

Do they each still have their own gyms?

I know Randy still has at least his Vegas gym. But interestingly the last I heard it was a ghost town compared to its 008-10 hey day when so many top guys trained there. I wonder if the other Extreme Couture locations survived as EC? Based on what Mac Danzig and a few others say, Extreme Couture Vegas was mainly a place where the top guys beat the shit out of eachother and established a pecking order. According to Mac on the JRE podcast, I believe he mentioned that Jay Hieron and Mike Pyle had everybodys number. It burned out Tyson, Gray, Mac, and others Im sure.

They should have Taffer go to Bellator and TNA Impact and have him try to improve them like he would a bar. I hear if you add food service to your promotion people are inclined to stay 54 minutes longer.

138160377075.gif

Dana wishes his boxing show made it to three episodes.

No one gave a shit about it because the talent level on the show was borderline terrible.

That's perhaps your reason for disliking the show and not necessarily the reason why the show failed. Too many Zuffa casuals unaware the show even aired is more likely the reason.

Personally I liked the show. A change from the "same old shit every season" TUF.

I actually thought this dumb project had been pre-emptively canceled and the idea trashed.

Back