Gym Idiots VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was pleasantly surprised today at the gym. A father training his son with proper technique on bench, two guys squatting with good form, a guy doing the agile 8, a guy benching just like the "so you think you can bench videos", another guy with good jump rope skills. Bros doing endless curls by the dumbbells were conspicuously absent. It was like I walked into a real gym for an hour. Maybe there should be an "Awesome stuff I saw at the gym today", or "Gym Non-Idiots" thread.

I'm happy for you.

I am saying that vibrams themselves are douchey.

your higher than thou stance on someones shoe is douchey. that much is certain.

theyre great shoes. nothing douchey about it.

Viabrams are teh `gayzors. And yes, I am a douchebag. But, I am an honest douchebag.

I like it when people wear Vibrams to my office on casual Fridays, makes me want to break out some wrestling shoes or football cleats.

Viabrams are teh `gayzors. And yes, I am a douchebag. But, I am an honest douchebag.

its no different than wearing chucks or wearing oly shoes, wraps or a belt. they do look ridiculous, no dispute there.

a lot of people with foot problems find them helpful.

its no different than wearing chucks or wearing oly shoes, wraps or a belt. they do look ridiculous, no dispute there.

a lot of people with foot problems find them helpful.

You take that shit back.

adistar-weightlifting.jpg

Fucking gorgeous.

those look like a retard built a golf shoe.

those look like a retard built a golf shoe.

Exactly. And that's 1000% times better than a rainbow foot, imo.

Now excuse me. Me and Tiger have a date.

I was pleasantly surprised today at the gym. A father training his son with proper technique on bench, two guys squatting with good form, a guy doing the agile 8, a guy benching just like the "so you think you can bench videos", another guy with good jump rope skills. Bros doing endless curls by the dumbbells were conspicuously absent. It was like I walked into a real gym for an hour. Maybe there should be an "Awesome stuff I saw at the gym today", or "Gym Non-Idiots" thread.

On a finnish forum there is this thread "what made you happy in the gym today". Guys go there post about girls wearing yoga pants.

who is more of a douche, the guy wearing what is comfortable or the guy concerned with what someone else is wearing at the gym?

i guess anyone who wears lifting shoes is a meathead also.

Guess I'll just consider that point missed.

A guy that I worked with used to wear vibrams all the time... and then he was walking in a door & someone else was walking out. Door swings out, and BOOM. Broken toe.

But I will admit they seem like they would make awesome water shoes for areas that are really rocky.

That may be true, but at least I'm not wearing vibrams.

I don't post much, but I do have to say that the only people I have seen wearing Vibram Five Fingers are douches and granola eating dreadlocked hippies...

Yesterday i saw a guy doing deadlifts while standing on the (flat)bench pad in the benchpress rack. i wish i taped it...

doing curls in the squatrack.. okay i can get that... but doing deadlifts, standing on a bench, in the benchpress rack... why??????

I just never thought of them as wearable... I am seeing more and more of them in the gym, though.

Very wearable to the gym at least. No good for running or walking long distances, but for up and around the gym and lifting they are great.

I just want to say that 5-fingers are the Mark of the Asshole in the gym. Only the knobbiest of knobs seem to sport them.

Oh yes, I'm sure they're comfortable, as I'm sure spaghetti string tank tops are also comfortable.

What kind of ignorant shit is this?

I love my vibrams to death. Never had anyone look at me twice though.

This. I've had a couple of people ask me if they're comfortable etc.

who is more of a douche, the guy wearing what is comfortable or the guy concerned with what someone else is wearing at the gym?

i guess anyone who wears lifting shoes is a meathead also.

We're talking about people who are juding others because of the shoes they wear.

Belph, is that pair of vibrams I sent you last Christmas still working out for you? We all know you're secretly a vibrams lover. Admit it. You're safe with us. We won't judge you.

I like it when people wear Vibrams to my office on casual Fridays, makes me want to break out some wrestling shoes or football cleats.

Pretty sure I've never seen anyone do this.

Yesterday i saw a guy doing deadlifts while standing on the (flat)bench pad in the benchpress rack. i wish i taped it...

doing curls in the squatrack.. okay i can get that... but doing deadlifts, standing on a bench, in the benchpress rack... why??????

Extreme deficit DL.

Whats with the Vibrams war here? If you don't like them fine but don't make such a big deal about it.

Also no idiots at my gym:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back