Gym Idiots VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's Kai Greene showing some bodybuilder how to do them at 5:00.

Man, I just googled Kai Greene ( never heard of him) and apparently he enjoys having sex with grapefruits. :eek:

I was quietly enjoying some friendly, harmless online banter about dumb shit people do in the gym, when this guy who was 'online' older than me came in a showed me the way.

mustbeawizard.jpg

:icon_cry2

Kai Greene is the first person I thought of when I saw that. I've never done the exercise before, but maybe it is akin to the trap-deadlift where the centre of gravity changes in the lift, emphasizing different muscles?

Pretty much. Puts the centre of gravity/torso angle at about the same alignment as with trap bar deads but obviously adds a rotational component. Doesn't allow for the same kind of loading but I think it's a good accessory exercise with good carryover to both squat and deadlift.

I finally have a worthy entry. my gym is above a swimming pool and walking to the weights area after my warmup I noticed a guy in the kids pool next to the water slide... He was doing girly knee pressups into about a foot of water with a t-shirt on and in such a way that when he came up a water fountain squirted into his face.... I can only imagine hes training to do pushups while being waterboarded?

408380_10151347036499710_1439345730_n.jpg

Nothing new here. The gym is just getting crowded. Still 15/16 people doing some form of a biceps exercise...
I touched the precher curl bar the other day...it's as smooth as a babies ass.

Funny thing happened where people must have taken me to be a "gym idiot" for a moment.

Loaded the bar with a massive 0.5 kg on each side, and proceeded to do a set. Sat up, and noticed a few people looking over in confusion. Laid back down to do another set, after which I noticed almost everybody around the area looking over wondering, "what the fuck". This including a few friends who mocked me about what they were seeing. I just smiled. Then I pulled the band out of my bag, wrapped it around the bench/bar, and proceeded to warm up to my speed bench sets. People stopped staring in confusion.

Funny thing happened where people must have taken me to be a "gym idiot" for a moment.

Loaded the bar with a massive 0.5 kg on each side, and proceeded to do a set. Sat up, and noticed a few people looking over in confusion. Laid back down to do another set, after which I noticed almost everybody around the area looking over wondering, "what the fuck". This including a few friends who mocked me about what they were seeing. I just smiled. Then I pulled the band out of my bag, wrapped it around the bench/bar, and proceeded to warm up to my speed bench sets. People stopped staring in confusion.

Unless you proceeded to throw more than your body weight for work sets I might still shake my head at you.

Well. If I understand it correctly, Jackie was trying to say that individual people don't necessarily work towards the greater good, and therefore should be guided towards that goal. Which might be a social construct that can be very efficient, or incredibly corrupt, depending on who's steering the boat. In any case, it's not a topic I care to discuss at any length online.

I will therefore specify: Jackie Chan, the martial artist and movie star, is fucking awesome. The politician can have his views.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back