Gym idiots thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw this dude in the gym who probably weighed about 120 pounds soaking wet walk straight into the weights room, goes over and puts his water bottle next to the hyperextension deck (no warm up I presume).

Next thing he walks over to the dumbell rack, picks up two 30kg DB's and struggles to farmers walk them over to the deck (which was just a simple hyper stand).

He jumps on, grabs one in each hand and lifts them up then the whole stand collapses forward and the dude smashes his face on the dumbells and fucks his back up so bad they had to call an ambulance and stretcher him out. Between the dude shrieking and the stand collapsing the noise attracted pretty much the entire gyms attention.

I've never seen anything like it in my life. As soon as he walked in I thought something was up and then I watched the whole thing unfold from start to finish.

Never saw the dude again, but i'll never forget that incident.

Another time there was this PT chick I knew who was new to the game. Hot as fuck but a complete airhead and butterface.

She was demoing bicep curls on the cables and had been using half the stack or so, but when she went to demo again she forgot that the old lady she was showing was using NO weight.

She went to put some muscle into it and bicep curled the steel cable handle at top speed right into her forehead. Cut the shit out of herself, needed stitches.

If anything it actually improved her face, but thankfully the boobies were unharmed.

One of the regulars I used to see was this Asian guy who would work on absolutely nothing but his abs.
And this guy would go hard at it as well, he was doing gigantic circuits focussing entirely on the abs every day.
I once overheard him arguing with one of the trainers who was encouraging him to broaden his regime. Try some squats, maybe a deadlift, he even introduced this idiot to cable crunches.

It almost went to fisticuffs with this guy saying the trainer had no idea what he was talking about, there's no way squats can help you get good abs.

My favourite guy though was this dude who was clearly a wannabe body builder, he walked around with a shirt saying, "Life's too short to be small."

Anyway, he was pretty big up top, but he had skinny chicken legs with cellulite down the back, I was amazed.

I just train at home in my home Dojo :p It saves hasstle like this.

One time i was training at my old bujincan and i was working my Kabutoshimen and my tori was being a dick and woulnt let me work the technique. I stepped forward with a shomen uchi cut and shattered his nose in 8 places.

No more hasstle :D

i once saw someone in the changin rooms drying their pubes with a hairdryer.

I'll have more to contribute later, but for now I'll just post the most recent thing that's bugging me. Due to my schedule I have to unfortunately work out at my school on wednesdays, this gym is terrible. A huge room of machines, 1 squat rack, 1 bench and a platform (we're not allowed to drop weights on the platform though, so I'm not sure what the hell the point is to this)

So to the story: our bars are crap, don't spin very well and the knurling ends early, so I have to chalk up religiously to be able to power snatch. Last week some idiot who works there comes up to me and tells me I'm not allowed to use chalk because they don't want to clean it up, then when I offer to clean it up after myself he tells me to "just use gloves, it's the same thing" :mad:

Related: also a shit-load of good stuff here Joined a new gym last night. Hilarious

Small guys who walk around the gym and don't yield when you're walking the opposite direction of them. They got some ****iness problems... like they want to build reputation.

Big guys are always polite, yield, and whatnot. Small guys = annoying

Small guys who walk around the gym and don't yield when you're walking the opposite direction of them. They got some ****iness problems... like they want to build reputation.

Big guys are always polite, yield, and whatnot. Small guys = annoying

I have to disagree. The huge guys at my gym are some of the biggest douche bags I've ever seen. Not all of them of course, just most of them.

I have to disagree. The huge guys at my gym are some of the biggest douche bags I've ever seen. Not all of them of course, just most of them.

That sucks :( In my gym, most of the gym guys are huge so it's vice-versa :p

The original and the best: http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f13/new-personal-favorite-idiot-gym-moment-610100/

also

InBeforeTheLock.gif

That sucks :( In my gym, most of the gym guys are huge so it's vice-versa :p

It's not about how big / small the guy is... jerks come in big and small sizes... it's about whether or not someone is considerate.

I try to avoid the gym, especially at busy hours... managed to arrange a decent home gym setup so I don't have to stand in line at the squat rack :)... I basically just go to the gym for swimming nowadays.

It's not about how big / small the guy is... jerks come in big and small sizes... it's about whether or not someone is considerate.

I try to avoid the gym, especially at busy hours... managed to arrange a decent home gym setup so I don't have to stand in line at the squat rack :)... I basically just go to the gym for swimming nowadays.

I'm speaking from my own experience, like the topic said. Daym son.

There's a guy at my gym who does bent rows on the Smith machine standing on a box and Hindu pushups with his feet on a ball.

We have 2 heavy punching bags at the gym I go to. A month or so back there was this dude going all MMA on one of them. He was charging in from a distance to throw a quick jab-cross combo (arm punches), he was shoving the bag... he was going all kinds of crazy... it was hilarious.

And as I was watching this, I was tempted to think to myself, "What an absolute douche". But then I thought, so what? Sure, he looks like a complete idiot doing it, but he's not hurting anyone and he seemed to be having a lot of fun.

It was very entertaining though.

I see people doing bizarre things in the gym almost every time I go. From people partial repping stuff on machines, guys pacing around and glaring intensly in the mirror for 15min straight without actually lifting, one huge dude that always wears a flannel coat and combat boots and just does endless sets of slowly executed tricep exercises, and jumping jacks are like a new fad there. If I saw a video of it I would think I was watching a parody.

i once saw someone in the changin rooms drying their pubes with a hairdryer.

this i am afraid to tell you is a common occurance...i really cant understand how a man could put a hairdryer there, but they do

recently at my new gym there is a guy who wears a bumbag & a football shirt saying 'coach' on it, he usually does bosu ball squats whilst holding onto the power cage

there are loads of old men at my gym as well....one of them spends about an hour just working his arms (curls etc) he has an affinity with 2.5 kilo plates, he'll curl with 6-8 of them...i guess mathematics is an issue

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back