Gym Idiots Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bro brings girl to gym. Bro strong. Bro deadlift 105kg. One, two... many times!
Bro takes weight off to let girl work in. Bro sneakily loads just 10kg on barbell for girl. Now bro look even stronger! Girl does her set.
Bro sits girl down on a bench next to the rack. Bro and girl small talk for more than 10 minutes while maintaining eye contact.
Repeat cycle.
5 minutes into eye contact marathon #2, I need the rack. I ask bro how much he has left. Bro tells me he only has one set left. Bro finishes up and they sit down on the bench again. Bro and girl were still in the middle of eye contact marathon #3 when I finished doing deadlifts and left the area.

Bro probably got laid that night, one way or another.

Bro brings girl to gym. Bro strong. Bro deadlift 105kg. One, two... many times!
Bro takes weight off to let girl work in. Bro sneakily loads just 10kg on barbell for girl. Now bro look even stronger! Girl does her set.
Bro sits girl down on a bench next to the rack. Bro and girl small talk for more than 10 minutes while maintaining eye contact.
Repeat cycle.
5 minutes into eye contact marathon #2, I need the rack. I ask bro how much he has left. Bro tells me he only has one set left. Bro finishes up and they sit down on the bench again. Bro and girl were still in the middle of eye contact marathon #3 when I finished doing deadlifts and left the area.

I don't see anything wrong with that.
But the one, two... many times! thing made me smile.

I call dibs on making the new gym idiot thread when this one hits 100 pages!

failure.gif
:eek::eek:

Holy sh!t.

At my old gym, a dude was doing pussups (bad form, lots of swinging) on a real cheap old style pullup / dip rack which never looked safe. And needless to say, it snapped and he landed on floor and tipped over a rack full of medicine balls on himself. He was quite messed up.

I lol'd hard but then felt bad about it. :redface:

failure.gif

Gym instructor at my gym is teaching squats to a client. Has his client sitting down into the squat, stopping half way, back arching forward, then driving up. Later that same day, P.T is teaching the exact same thing.

Back tracking a couple days a female P.T is teaching a client how to squat, again with the same awful form although he is going deeper but not quite to parallel. After he completes a set of squats she gets him to put his feet on a plate and in a plank position crawl along the ground with his hands.
I don't know WHY she was doing this. I would think if you are doing squats then you are better served focusing on the squats and saving your energy for them so you execute them with correct technique and in a safe manner.

I honestly think most gym instructors and P.T's are clueless.

Bumper plates while bench pressing? Is it because they're twice as fat as the regular plates and even the 10s are full diameter?

I honestly think most gym instructors and P.T's are clueless.

Agreed. Ive found from working in the gym instruction industry that some pts and gym instructors have shitty knowledge and think they know everything just because they completed the relevant courses. In reality this isnt the case, the courses taught me fuck all and ive learnt everything on the job or from my own training through trial and error. The qualifications are just pieces of paper and cant really replace solid knowledge. They seem to think with that bit of paper they are some sort of guru all of a sudden. Dont mean to brush every pt or instructor with this brush, there are good ones out there!!

Rant over

With all the shit that goes on in my university gym, I rarely post here, but I suppose I'll add one of the pleasures of being with Babyeater while she completed her pre-meet work today. I caught sight of a kid squatting maybe 155 lbs. at the furthest power rack from me. He was doing his darnedest to squat to parallel, but he simply had no balance whatsoever, and so he would rock back and forth on his feet. Lo and behold, he stumbles forward coming out of the hole on one rep and crashes forward into the front of the cage, but manages to stand up and regain his balance.

Does he then rack the weight? Of course not.

He steps back and gets set for another rep.

Guess what happens? That's right: he's sent careening forward into the front of the cage again.

With all the shit that goes on in my university gym, I rarely post here, but I suppose I'll add one of the pleasures of being with Babyeater while she completed her pre-meet work today. I caught sight of a kid squatting maybe 155 lbs. at the furthest power rack from me. He was doing his darnedest to squat to parallel, but he simply had no balance whatsoever, and so he would rock back and forth on his feet. Lo and behold, he stumbles forward coming out of the hole on one rep and crashes forward into the front of the cage, but manages to stand up and regain his balance.

Does he then rack the weight? Of course not.

He steps back and gets set for another rep.

Guess what happens? That's right: he's sent careening forward into the front of the cage again.

if at first you don't succeed try try again
quitters never win
etc.

Poor dude. Did you help him out at all, Keo?

I really try not to volunteer assistance; if someone asks, then so be it, but I usually stay out of it. My university gym typically has 50+ students during peak hours, and most of them badly need advice and assistance. I'd never get to my own training.

I really try not to volunteer assistance; if someone asks, then so be it, but I usually stay out of it. My university gym typically has 50+ students during peak hours, and most of them badly need advice and assistance. I'd never get to my own training.

At least this poor bastard showed some commitment to succeed in his squatting adventures. he's got heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back